VancityAsks’ Free Vancouver Walking Tours
Explore Vancouver’s history and architecture with food tastings. Register Free Today
At VancityAsks.com, we endeavor to help locals rediscover the amazing city they live in and we also desire to help tourists to find the best Vancouver has to offer. As part of doing so, we carefully compile the best businesses and attractions in Vancouver on our website, manually curated and reviewed by locals.
This summer, we’re also offering free walking tours of Vancouver downtown core to show you around the best of this city. It’s impressive the amount of sights and experience packed into 3 hours! We have been careful with choosing the right tour guide to ensure you, the guest, have a pleasant experience of Vancovuer. Eac tour is lead by a local and friendly tour guide who enjoy showing guests around Vancouver, BC.
At the moment the tour runs weekly on Saturday. The tours explores ten points of interest leading from outside Vancouver Convention Centre to Gastown (where you’ll enjoy chocolates and coffee on the house!) then up to Robson (foodie enclave – try the Japadog), followed west to the Westend (get more chocolates?) and back down to Coal Harbor for breath taking views. You’ll explore the city of Vancouver and get a good lesson about the city’s history at different point of interests (Gassy Jack statue, Old Vancouver law courts, Olympic Torch).
Did we mention, it’s free!
Register today to secure your spot(s). Please sign up on the link bellow the date you’d like to attend for one of our operating walking tours this summer.
Update July 5, 2016: We’re now extending this tour year-round though one per month after summer. Great way to welcome your family or friends to Vancouver.
More about VancityAsks’ Vancouver City Tour: It’s a free Vancouver walking city tour but we aim to have it rival any paid tours you may have. If you’re in town, register for our complementary tours bellow. (Unlike most other free walking tours, ours includes some delicious food tastings and a knowledgeable, friendly, and capable tour guide.)
The guided walking tour will feature ten points of interest across the West-end, Coal Harbour, and Gastown.
Here are the food highlights to note:
- Chocolate tasting at Roger’s Chocolates (the #3 Best Chocolates in Vancouver!)
- Americano at Milano Coffee (easily the #2 Best Cafe in Vancouver – great atmosphere to experience)
- Try a taster of the Teri-Mayo Japadog at Japadog (iconic Vancouver and the #3 Best Food Trucks in Vancouver)
- More chocolate tasting at Daniel’s Chocolates (one of the first artisan Belgium Chocolates in Vancouver & the #2 Best Chocolates in Vancouver
Plus meet great people 😀
The tastings are complementary in our free Vancouver walking tours. We thank these amazing local business (who excel in their craft) for accommodating our walking tour. Please do consider purchasing their merchandise for gifts with your trip back home.
We enjoy welcoming visitors to Vancouver. Free transportation can be arranged to and from YVR for visitors transiting through Vancouver. Please indicate that you require transportation on your registration. (some have requested pick-up from other locations, please note this free amenity is only available for transiting travelers.)
Schedule and Availability:
[VancityAsks will continue to operate our free tours once per month throughout the year. These tours are provided to tourists and locals as an expression of our love for this awesome city and people. The tours are temporary on hiatus. Registration dates for those will be determined a month prior to tour.]
VancityAsks’ Vancouver Walking tour pictures: Want an idea of what to expect? Here are some pictures that you can check out!
Terms & Conditions:
- VancityAsks.com reserves the right to adjust tour schedules and availability at any time.
- VancityAsks.com reserves the right to deny services. [If you book a tour on a date that’s already full before we were able to update this page, we’ll see if we can accommodate you on another date]
- VancityAsks.com provides these Vancouver City tours freely; we hope you enjoy it!
- VancityAsks.com assumes no liability for these free tours. We are organizing these tours on a voluntary basis. We have indeed taken precautions to ensure an excellent experience (such as planning the tour route away from East Hastings for safety concerns and checking for allergies on our registration form)
- Pictures may be taken by the tour guide to be shared. This is in part to help with the promotion of our free Vancouver walking tours (you may opt-out of the photos by informing your tour guide your request before hand)
Past Tours: Previous Vancouver walking tours where registrations are now closed.
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 1 – May 21, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 2 – May 28, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 3 – June 4, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 4 – June 11, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 5 – June 18, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 6 – June 25, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 7 – July 2, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 8 – July 9, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 9 – July 16, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 10 – July 23, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 11 – July 30, 2016:
Cancelled – Vancouver City Tour 12 – August 6, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 13 – August 13, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 14 – August 20, 2016:
Registration Closed – Vancouver City Tour 15 – August 27, 2016:
Social media chatter about our Free Vancouver Walking Tours: