Welcome to VancityAsks.com – Your guide to everything Vancouver, BC …where we help locals to rediscover their amazingly beautiful city together, and visitors to find the best of Vancouver.
- Local Vancouver & written by Vancouverites. All our content are locally written to ensure accuracy & local insight is provided. Local tips & secrets.
- Non-sponsored & impartial – truly the best of Vancouver. To avoid bias in our recommendations and truly find the best Vancouver has to offer.
- Fact-checked and extensive. Each article is written with rigorous detail, and fact-checking to ensure accuracy and validity of our recommendations whether you’re looking for a dentist in Vancouver during your visit or the best sushi in Vancouver. We check reviews online and determine if they’re written with bias intent or outright fake news.
Now that’we gotten that out of the way – and why you should trust our best business hotels in downtown Vancouver recommendations, here’s the process we’ve considered in finding the best business hotels in downtown Vancouver.
Finding the best business hotels in Downtown Vancouver:
Before we get into our recommendations for the best business hotels in downtown Vancouver, we’ll take a few moments to determine what we’ve looked for to determine the best business hotels in Vancouver:
– Service: Critical to any good business in the hospitality industry. We look for relentless high quality of service and proactive service to provide the best experience & convenience for guests in their visit to Vancouver. This is the first consideration on our mind when looking for the best business hotels in downtown Vancouver.
Importance = 9/10
– Property Amenities: Next, you want a hotel in downtown Vancouver that provides the necessary amenities for business travel. Sometimes, the more the better when it comes to providing a unique experience for business travelers to Vancouver in their downtime/leisure such as a roof-top pool with a view or a good restaurant dining option within meters of the downtown Vancouver business hotels. Basic amenities such as a good working desk or business centre in the hotel was necessary. The article leans towards high-end hotels but considered any business hotels in downtown Vancouver which had a property category of 3 stars or above.
Importance = 7/10
– Downtown Vancouver Hotel Rooms: Besides the hotel facilities themselves, we also considered the rooms of these downtown Vancouver hotel for utility and once again uniqueness or an experiential factor. (Good views is a plus since that is quintessentially Vancouver.) We’re always looking for that experiential factor whether looking at the hotel’s rooms, location, or amenities. We want guests to be able to experience something during their visit to Vancouver that’s distinctive or unique to Vancouver to make their hotel stay worth while so that goes on top priority for our best downtown Vancouver hotel recommendations. (and presumably why you’re searching about the best business hotels in downtown Vancouver)
Importance = 7/10
– Downtown Vancouver Hotel Location: Next, we considered the location & neighborhood of the downtown Vancouver hotel we intend to recommend. Downtown Vancouver is a relatively small area of land but even then there are various neighborhoods from Yaletown to Coal Harbour or the West End and Gastown. All desirable locations to stay but the CBD is mostly around West Georgia Street & Burrard Street where most of our recommendations surround. We avoided mentioning any hotels near Gastown or the Westend as they are limited in nature and mostly residential or gentrifying neighborhoods in downtown Vancouver. For the hotel’s location in downtown Vancouver we also considered the restaurants and services around the downtown Vancouver hotel we might be recommending as a top 5 best business hotels in downtown Vancouver such as if there are many of the best dining options in our city within close proximity to our hotel. (Very useful when you’re back from a long day and want something good to eat nearby at convenience or when it is raining in Vancouver – which it does often half the year.) Much thought and meticulous detail have been put into finding the best business hotel in downtown Vancouver and predicting the attributes travelers desire to truly highlight the best business hotels in downtown Vancouver from a local’s perspective.
Importance = 7/10
– Price & Value: Lastly, we gave consideration to the overall value of the property relative to our other recommendations. Value and price is a subjective to the property category. You must compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges. We gave some thought to the overall price and value that a guest will experience in relative comparison to the other unique downtown Vancouver hotels we’ve recommended to determine their ranking on our list of the best downtown Vancouver hotels for business travelers. Price was less a factor for these top 5 recommendations, but value was considered primary. (such as the convenience and experience guests receive with quality service and something uniquely Vancouver)
Importance = 5/10
Best Business Hotels in downtown Vancouver:
Shangri-La Vancouver hotel is conveniently located centrally by Georgia street and close towards Burrard street. This hotel has excellent location. It’s conveniently above a Urban Fare grocery store.
Westin Bayshore is right by the Bayshore as it’s name implies. It’s a little less convenient for business travelers but makes up for it with excellent relaxation by the water. A good relieve after a day. They also provide excellent value as a three and a half star hotel.
If you’re looking for business on a budget this is your choice for business hotels in downtown Vancouver.
L’Hermitage hotel is a four star boutique hotel right in the center of downtown Vancouver towards Robson Street and Seymour. It’s an excellent location for business because of it’s walking distance to many offices downtown. (though not as convenient as Shangri-La Vancouver hotel).
They also offer shuttle services for hotel guest should you require to travel within town with a driver.
Rated the #1 best hotel on Trip Advisor, Fairmont Pacific Rim edges onto the list for business executive looking for luxury with urban convenience and seafront experience.
Don’t book this if you’re concerned about budget however. It’s the #1 best hotel in Vancouver for a reason and the price matches the service.