We’ve taken a look at some of the best hotels in Coquitlam, BC and here are our recommendations for the best hotels in Coquitlam. Whether you’re looking to visit family in the tri-cities, if you’re in town on leisure, or if you’re in town for business, these are tried and tested accommodation for your stay in Coquitlam.
We’ve taken the effort to visiting and trying quite a few of our recommendations first hand so these are not blind recommendations. I have found often that reading reviews on Trip Advisors requires a
Best Hotels in Coquitlam: These are hotels located within Coquitlam. There aren’t currently any hotels by Coquitlam Center unfortunately.
1) Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel: If you need to be in Coquitlam, BC then the Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel is where you want to book out of all options currently available as far as Coquitlam hotels are concerned.
+ Great service: The front desk customer service is phenomenal; they are generally friendly, professional, and prompt. They are compassionate and preemptively considering customers’ needs and wants.
+ Convenient location: Especially with the skytrain station bringing you to Coquitlam in 15 minutes or downtown in 25 minutes.
The Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel is just a 5 minute walk from Lougheed Skytrain Station providing access both to the Expo and Millennium lines connecting to Canada Line towards Richmond and YVR airport at Waterfront Station.
This means, you have access across the metro Vancouver from a clean and comfortable based in the beautiful city of Coquitlam, BC. You can also get to the airport effortlessly within 60 minutes by transit.
– Old property: some rooms require some maintenance
– Housekeeping can be inconsistent: Rooms are generally clean but you may notice the occasional need for extra attention. (The first time I stayed at Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel, I’m certain the bed sheets wasn’t changed but that was dutifully addressed.)
Property Class – 3 Stars
Price Range –
– Average $120+ per night for Double bed Room (on Expedia)
– Average $134+ per night for King Room (on Expedia)
– Average $158+ per night for One Bedroom queen Suite (on Expedia). Their one bedroom queen suite isn’t much larger than their King Room. The key difference being a dividing door between the bedroom and the lounge area.
(These prices are observed prices during the low season. Peak season pricing would generally add a significant premium around 50-200% higher.)
Extra Notes about Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel – I have stayed three times at Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel and the experiences keeps getting better. While the property could use some touching up, they emphasize specially on the service and improving the guest experience. If you’re looking for a hotel to book in Coquitlam, the Coquitlam Executive Plaza Hotel is a safe choice.
2) Best Western Coquitlam Inn & Convenition Centre:
Extra – Inn at the Quay:
There are only two reliable hotels in Coquitlam. There are a total of five legitimate hotels in Coquitlam (along with numerous AirBnb.) These three hotels however are not recommended; the quality and your experience in Coquitlam would not be pleasant. These Coquitlam Hotels should be avoided as hygiene and room cleanliness is a concern.
3) Best Western Chelsea Inn:
4) Ramada Coquitlam:
5) Coquitlam Sleepy Lodge:
If the first two Coquitlam hotels are not available, it would be recommendable to look at the alternatives in regions surrounding Coquitlam like New Westminster or Burnaby.
More Hotels near Coquitlam: Coquitlam neighbors a few other cities that have more varied options for accommodations. It is recommendable that you also consider a few of these other options.