Welcome to our article on VancityAsks.com regarding the best hotels in Richmond, British Columbia. :D!
Read this BEST Hotels in Richmond guide, before booking a Richmond Hotel!
Everything you need to know about hotels in Richmond, with local insights. PLUS Things to Do in Richmond, BC (bellow).
In this article, we hope to provide you with all the necessary local insight to choosing the right hotel for your visit to Richmond, BC. This resource works in tandem to our best Vancouver airport hotel article. The difference between our recommendations for the best Vancouver airport hotel, and our recommendations for the best hotels in Richmond, BC is this segment will focus largely on the presumption that you’re intently looking for a hotel in Richmond, BC for your leisure or business travels, and not for the convenience of an airport hotel. (where we highlight which hotels have the best options for complementary airport shuttles and amenities a transiting passenger might appreciate – such as proximity to the hotel, and restaurant dining/room-service on premises of the hotel.)
If you’re looking for a Vancouver airport hotel, we’d suggest you take a look at that “Best Vancouver airport hotel” article linked above. It will provide better insight on which amenities various Vancouver airport hotels provide for travelers such as complementary airport shuttle, and locality to YVR (Vancouver International Airport).
In this article, we will not be discussing about airport shuttle nor proximity to the airport, but the focus will be on (1) hotel amenities, (2) service, and (3) value for travelers looking for a hotel in Richmond, BC for leisure or business travels. We’d look at it from the perspective of someone looking for a hotel in Richmond, BC – much like our other metro Vancouver hotels guide, inclusive of hotels in Burnaby, hotels in Coquitlam, hotels in New Westminster, hotels in Vancouver or hotels in downtown Vancouver. We’ve categorized our top 5 recommendations for various category or demographic of travel such as (1) luxury (2) budget/value (3) business (4) families (5) boutique/wild-card.
Thanks for reading along. We hope this is a comprehensive and complete guide to the best hotels in Richmond, BC. With this said, if you have any questions or comments about Richmond, BC hotels, or Richmond, BC – please leave a comment in the comment section bellow, and we’ll be glad to help!
Meanwhile, you can also read our guide to Richmond, BC – Everything you want to know about Richmond, BC before visiting, if you want to learn more about Richmond, BC as a city.
5 Best Richmond, BC Hotels:
First off, we understand the best hotel in Richmond, BC for a family of four with two kids in tow hoping for some fun at the hotel (and free “babysitting” with the hotel amenities to keep them entertained – without too posh an environment that may offend guests looking for respite) such as pool amenities, open space, maybe outdoors garden area, and possibly a game room, …would not necessarily be the best hotel in Richmond for a business traveler seeking convenience, seamless service and speed, with a well appointed business centre if needed.
Hence, we’ve categorized our recommendations for the BEST hotels in Richmond, BC (from a local’s perspective) into the top 5 BEST hotels in Richmond with a category devoted to each purpose of travel.
1) Best Luxury Hotel in Richmond, BC – Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel
=> Click here to Book Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel
Why Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel?
Luxury – Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is the only 5-star hotel in Richmond, BC; it is the epitome of a luxury hotel in Richmond. If you’re looking for an upscale hotel in Richmond, BC – the only choice is the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC.
Value – As a five-star hotel with its amenities, the Richmond Hotel is surprisingly well priced with rates similar to Marriott Vancouver Airport (#4 Best Hotel in Richmond, BC) or Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel (#5 Best Vancouver Airport Hotel) in downtown Richmond, BC. Booking direct also provides perks such as a gift certificate for their award winning ‘globe’ restaurant and their bar with views of the runway.
Service – Staying at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel provides impeccable service standards typical of Fairmont luxury hotels. You’ll find attentive and friendly team members ready to help make your stay at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, a better one… at an incredible value price compared to other Richmond hotels; the Fairmont Vancouver Airport is clearly an excellent value (as a luxury hotel in Richmond, BC) for its luxury and elegance as a 5-star hotel. As a guest, you can expect excellent service standards throughout the luxury Richmond hotel in Vancouver Airport.
Unique Experience – The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel is the four year running “Best Airport Hotel” in North America, rated by Skytrax. How many times have you stayed at an airport hotel with views of the runway and concourse itself (an AVGeek’s dream) backdrop with mountains and water? Probably never. It’s your chance to experience staying within the airport itself with these sound proof, high-quality rooms – you can enjoy the beauty of Richmond, BC & Vancouver International Airport …without the disturbance, or noise of powerful jet engines taking off from Vancouver. (The #1 Best Airport in the world – Singapore Changi is another among a few airports that has a hotel the airport itself, but no windows to the runway as Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel offers! It is truly a one of a kind, remarkable experience as far as hotel room views are concerned.) The sound proof rooms also means a restful night – while some Richmond hotels have very thin walls, you can rest assure you’ll feel comfortable and insulated within these sound proof rooms at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel.
Fairmont Gold – The true gold of Fairmont Hotels is the Fairmont Gold floor with the Fairmont Gold lounge – the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is no exception. Booking the Fairmont Gold Floor rooms ensures access to their comfortable lounge and additional perks for a slight upcharge, with attentive & personable service at the Fairmont Gold Lounge. The Fairmont Gold Lounge at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel specifically, is very well appointed and better than brand standards. It’s a unique experience to be had.
The Fairmont Gold lounge at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC also offers a unique 24-hour lounge dining and refreshments. Being an airport hotel, they understand that their important guests may be arriving or departing at odd hours of the day, as such, the Fairmont Gold lounge at this Richmond hotel offers 24-hours lounge access with non-alcoholic drinks and refreshments available at all hours. The luxury Richmond hotel also offers light dining options at most hours of the day… Deluxe continental breakfast – 4 AM to 6 AM, Hot breakfast buffet – 6 AM to 10 AM, Evening canapes – 5 PM to 7 PM, Nightly desserts – 8 PM to 9 PM, Midnight snacks – 11 PM to 4 AM. Only 10 AM to 5 PM where you’d expect most guests to be out of the day – however non-alcoholic beverages and refreshments are still available.
Downsides to Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel:
Located at YVR Airport: Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is located right at Vancouver International Airport – above the Trans-border check-in area; this is great for those looking for a Vancouver airport hotel on arrival, departure, or transit. (Staying at this Richmond hotel if you’re looking for a Vancouver airport hotel means there is no need to wait for an airport shuttle, & no need to drive to your hotel… just walk right to the hotel and get some much needed rest, and recovery.) However, the downside to being located within Vancouver International Airport means it is less convenient for those who may be looking for a hotel in Richmond, BC.
Vancouver International Airport is located on a sort of island (Sea Island) adjacent to Richmond, BC – on this Island there are some houses but mostly airport, industrial, cargo storage facilities; there are three exits from this island – one through towards Bridgeport (the most common), one through to Richmond’s Olympic Oval locality, and one through to Vancouver’s Marpole neighbourhood right into Vancouver, BC than Richmond, BC. As you can imagine, it doesn’t make for an exceptionally convenient commute especially if for one reason for another there may be traffic jams to the airport (an outlet mall is also located on Sea Island, hence on days like Black Friday or shopping sales, there could be greater than normal traffic in the area).
Further, the other option is taking the Canada Line Sky Train to Bridgeport (3 stations – 5 minutes away) and then changing trains to Richmond (2 minutes away) if you opt not to drive; the problem with this however is that the airport authority charges a surcharge of $5 for any departures from YVR meaning your transit fare to Richmond (albeit convenient) would be ~$8 one way. This might be something to keep in mind if you’re looking to prioritize convenience when looking for a Richmond hotel rather than a luxury hotel in Richmond, BC. (Don’t count on cabs in Metro Vancouver – they’re dirty, angry service, and unreliable. There are many reports of locals calling for a cab to have it never arrive despite a confirmed booking. Likewise, one summer a tourist family was stuck at Stanley Park’s Vancouver Aquarium for hours because no cab would pick them up – peak season – the individual went so far as to offer $100 on Twitter for anyone who would drive them to their hotel in downtown Vancouver.) It is great as an airport hotel in Richmond, BC but perhaps less convenient as a hotel in Richmond. It is the only 5-star hotel in Richmond, BC with all this said.
One of the Most Expensive Richmond Hotel: The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel is a five star Richmond hotel; it is not “cheap” by any means as it falls within the high-range of hotel standards. However, value-wise, the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is not the MOST experience hotel in Richmond. Comparing it for December 21-22 as of December 5th shows standard rooms at $284 CAD a night while for comparison, our “cheap Richmond hotel” on our recommendation – Accent Inns Vancouver Airport – is pricing at $129. For further relativity, the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel falls behind River Rock Casino Resort at $408 CAD. All in all, you’ll be spending a pretty penny at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel if you choose to book this Richmond hotel for your visit but you’re still getting unsurpassed value compared to River Rock Casino Resort that is still pricier than the Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel without necessarily the same amenities, service, and luxury offered by the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. If you’re staying at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel, the Gold Lounge upgrade is truly a necessity, and well worth the money with evening canapes and morning breakfast; added with snacks & refreshments available throughout the day in a spacious, well-designed, elegant, and relaxing lounge …with a fireplace overlooking the airport runway in Richmond, BC. (The details are important. 😂) The Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel, and Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel also are priced around $250 CAD a night and within the 3-4 star range for hotels in Richmond, BC. (Although the Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel at $259, Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel at $155, and the Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel at $169 CAD as well as the Westin Vancouver Airport Hotel at $151 CAD does offer comparable value for their respective prices in our opinion. The Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport at $151 is surprisingly under priced to value in our opinion. The same price patterns may not occur on your date of travel as certain hotels in Richmond have different pricing strategies such as last-minute pricing if an abundant of vacant rooms are available.) So it’s not the cheapest Richmond hotel, but it offers reasonable value for its price which is what matters, as well as an unforgettable and pleasant experience for many looking for a Richmond BC hotel. (Honestly, I’d book the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel at $151 with this lower price for a comparable posh experience however.)
Who is Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel for?
Business Travelers – The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel is an excellent choice for business travelers looking for one of the best hotels in Richmond, BC with regards to service, quality rooms, and experience. You can expect professionalism among all the staff at Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel with seamless check in/out for a comfortable, effortless stay – with a full business centre, and fitness facility while phenomenal views of YVR airport for some blue skying time. The Fairmont Gold is especially convenient with evening tapas and morning breakfast available complementary to start and end your day in the best way possible with views of YVR airport, a fireplace, and an elegant yet relaxing spacious Gold lounge.
Luxury Seekers – The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is the epitome of luxury hotels in Richmond, BC; it is the only five-star hotel in Richmond, BC with the amenities you’ll find only at a Fairmont hotel. Luxurious spa services, a full fitness centre, and impeccable service with exquisite furnishing throughout the Richmond hotel. Some say, the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel also features the best rooms they’ve experienced at Fairmont hotels – and that’s a hard feat to beat. Experience the best of the best with the Fairmont Gold rooms – the pinnacle of luxury a hotel can offer in Richmond, BC. If you’re looking to travel in style, the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is your choice to choose while visiting Richmond, BC. Further, if you’re departing by Vancouver Airport, your check-in and gate is likely just a elevator downstairs! As another perk with Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel, Fairmont Gold guests will receive a FasTrack pass for a special line through security at Vancouver Airport and straight to your airport lounge or gate. If you’re truly seeking for a memorable experience while staying in a Richmond hotel, there is no other choice than the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel – especially their runway view rooms with a telescope in each room for appreciating the mountains, waters, boats, hovercrafts (Coast Guard and Fisheries department uses hovercrafts), and planes in the distance!
Couples – Couples will love the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel with its big rooms, along with its romantic and elegant setting throughout the hotel. It’s a true respite, and rest or getaway from the norm. The rooms are also insulated for noise to appreciate a restful night.
Solo Travelers – Solo Travelers will feel at home in Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel with excellent personable service and convenience of being located at the airport should you be arriving or departing through YVR. Expect professionalism throughout the hotel and every amenity you might desire at a Richmond hotel including a concierge to assist with your reservations or trip. Expect to be well taken care of during your visit to Richmond, BC staying at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. It is truly a one of a kind Richmond hotel to experience – you can’t go wrong booking the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel, and their genuine focus on service and excellence! (Unlike “the hotel” at River Rock Resort which while it may be a unique experience as a casino resort, the Richmond pales in service standards, and consistency… especially when compared to the Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel.)
Vancouver Airport Hotel – Finally, if you’re arriving or departing through YVR on a trip lesser than 3 days then your best choice is truly the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel for convenience. Getting from Baggage Claims to the hotel is just a brief walk while check-in to your flight with your bags is an equally brief walk down the elevator of the only Richmond hotel within Vancouver International Airport. While getting around to Richmond, BC daily may be a little bit more of a hassle through one of three exists from Sea Island – you will start and end your trip well staying at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel. (It’s not really that much a hassle if you’re driving.) Guests of the hotel’s Fairmont Gold rooms will also appreciate the FasTrack feature that gets you through a special expedited line for security. (By experience, you can also often get the FasTrack if you’re late for your flight. Haha. Oops.) The must-try is their Fairmont Gold Rooms and Fairmont Gold Lounge.
Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel Location:
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is located right within Vancouver International Airport – above the Trans-border departure check-ins and international arrivals to be exact. This could be great news if you’re looking for a Vancouver Airport hotel as getting to your accommodation is no more than a 5 minutes walk from arrivals.
As mentioned previously however, it might pose some inconvenience if you’re looking to stay in Richmond, BC for a longer period of time (than a week) and require to be in downtown Richmond on a regular basis.
Thankfully, Vancouver Airport itself has plenty of dining and leisure options within the airport (not quite like Changi Airport in comparison however) so you’ll never be short on dining options if you’re looking for somewhere within walking distance to this Richmond hotel.
Food and Dining Around Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel:
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport itself has two dining options including (1) Globe@YVR which is an upscale sit-in restaurant serving modern cuisine and infamously known for their high-tea service (2) Jetside Bar which is a casual bar with tapas in an open concept area. [Truth be told, the Globe@YVR is not that great a restaurant which is why they often have to run promotions for their high tea on Groupon. You can probably find the deal still if you’re staying at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel and want to give their high tea a try for a good deal. It’s good but inconsistent.
With this said, there are many dining options in Vancouver International Airport itself outside of Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel.]
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is located at Vancouver International Airport terminal itself on Sea Island (not downtown Richmond). You can find a variety of dining options available at Vancouver International Airport here (including some 24 hour dining options like Tim Hortons):
Do you need a car staying at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel?
No. If you’re planning to visit downtown Vancouver or downtown Richmond, you can avail yourself of the Canada Line SkyTrain which would be easier than driving except during rush hours.
Ride Sharing/Personal Car Services/Cabs: Alas, Ride-sharing is still not yet available in Vancouver; it should be arriving in January 2020 (writing this as of December 2019). The taxi lobby is very good at lobbying the Liberal and BC NDP government hence protecting their taxi medallion (license to drive as a taxi driver) and keeping ride sharing like Uber out.
With this said, when ride-sharing arrives it will be highly regulated with a variety of rules that are not as common to other jurisdictions with ride-sharing outside of BC.
Update (February 17, 2020) – Ride Sharing has finally arrived in Metro Vancouver with greater restrictions than these same services in most other cities. Nevertheless, Uber and Lyft are both operating in Canada. (They have a license from the Provincial Transportation Board which will regulate their minimum pricing & require all drivers to have a commercial driving license – Class 5.)
Using Public Transport at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel: As mentioned earlier, the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is located above YVR Airport’s Trans-border terminal; it is no more than a 3 minutes walk to the YVR Airport Canada-Line SkyTrain Station that provides access to Downtown Vancouver in 25 minutes, Richmond in 15 minutes (with a transfer at Bridgeport Station) and Vancouver City Hall in approximately 20 minutes. It is very easy to get around if you choose to use Public Transport while staying at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel – albeit you will be paying a $5 surcharge for every trip leaving YVR Airport Skytrain station on top the ~$3 fare. Keep in mind if you’re using public transit that the train that departs downtown to YVR is at 1:05 AM. After that, Translink operates a night bus that periodically goes to the airport from 2 AM on wards… however it would take around 50 minutes to get from downtown Vancouver to Vancouver Airport via the night bus. (Frankly, don’t use the bus in Vancouver if you’re visiting… also don’t use the cabs. Thankfully, Uber and Lyft is now available but have very limited drivers especially during late-nights due to provincial regulation requiring a commercial license.)
While using the bus in Vancouver would be undesirable, the Canada Line SkyTrain is still one of the most efficient means of transport to downtown Vancouver and downtown Richmond from YVR. You can expect a consistent 6-12 minutes interval schedule of train departing to downtown Vancouver, a quick 25 minutes to downtown, and a fairly clean environment. (spacious except during peak rush-hour.)
What else should you know about Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel?
Great Lounge Space – The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel offers an excellent Gold Floor lounge but also has good lounging space within the hotel lobby itself with spacious sitting area to relax in a private space if you find your room a little too cramp. The rooms itself however are bigger than typical hotel rooms in Richmond and a few have also undergone recent renovations for a fresher interior.
Fairmont Gold at Fairmont Vancouver Airport – It really is a golden experience. (Pun intended 😂) The Fairmont Gold room at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is luxury at its finest among Richmond hotels. The price is reflected as you would find yourself spending $580+ CAD per night compared to $408+ CAD per night for a standard room as an example. (If you’re a BC resident or CAA member the rate is $326+ CAD.) This said, with the added perks such as (1) Fas Track at YVR airport security (2) Gold Lounge with food & beverage (3) personalized service… the Fairmont Gold at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is truly the only choice if you’re looking for a luxury hotel in Richmond, BC.
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Gold Lounge offer spacious seating with impeccable views across the runway on the top floor of the Richmond hotel. It is the only hotel executive lounge that offers 24-hours access and food/beverage options through the night (Midnight Snacks – 11 PM to 4 AM) especially useful for jet lagged travelers. The Fairmont Gold lounge also includes a continental breakfast buffet from 4 AM to 6 AM for those looking to catch an early flight South (United really has to stop scheduling those 6 AM flights to SFO – their check-in counter isn’t even open till 4:30 AM. I digress.) and a full hot breakfast buffet available from 6 AM to 10 AM in the serenity of the Gold lounge with amazing views of YVR airport and distant mountains. Further, guests can appreciate hot and cold canapes from 5-7 PM followed by evening desserts at 8 PM to 9 PM. If you’re carving for a midnight snack, that’s also available at the Fairmont Gold lounge from 11 PM to 4 AM while afternoon snacks can be found from 12 PM to 5 PM daily; they do really mean a 24-hour executive lounge at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. Do note, as the norm with hotel lounges in British Columbia, alcoholic drinks are on a Honor Bar than complementary (something to do with laws in BC regarding alcohol). Coffee and other non-alcoholic beverages are available free throughout the day at the lounge. It’s a worthwhile experience to be had if you’re looking for a luxury experience with your Richmond hotel stay.
Great Service – Expect attentive service and care throughout your stay at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel; it is for good reason that we’ve recommended it as the BEST luxury hotel in Richmond, BC. The price makes it one of the most expensive hotels in Richmond, BC – but it’s well worth the cost in our opinion for the amenities and service offered at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. The location might not be as preferable if you’re looking for a hotel in downtown Richmond, however the impeccable service is a great allure.
24 Hour Health Club Access – Being an airport hotel that offers a 24-hour Gold (executive) lounge, it only makes sense that they also have a 24-hour health club. You can get your work out done late in the night, or early in the morning – especially useful for travelers with irregular hours, or jet-lagged and hoping to burn some energy but also useful for travelers looking for access to a fitness centre on their schedule whether an early morning workout when it might be quieter! (or a late night run. To each their own. 🤷♂️)
Absolute Spa – All Fairmont Hotels in Metro Vancouver seem to have Absolute Spa services available which is a local spa brand ran by Wendy Lissogar of Century Plaza Hotel & Spa in Downtown Vancouver. It’s an excellent spa service. You can find all your spa and salon needs at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel within the 5-star hotel, with Absolute Spa.
Conclusion – Why Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is the #1 BEST Richmond Hotel – BEST luxury hotel in Richmond, BC:
If you’re looking for the best luxury hotel in Richmond, BC – there is truly no parallel to the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. The combination of (1) attentive and excellent service, (2) full luxurious amenities, and (3) well appointed rooms – provides guests looking for a luxury hotel in Richmond, BC with elevated experience like no other in Richmond, BC.
The service at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is truly impeccable. As importantly, the Fairmont Gold experience is truly a one-of-a-kind experience …along with its runway-view rooms, inclusive of a telescope for full enjoyment.
Address: 3111 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC V7B 0A6
2) Best Cheap Hotel in Richmond, BC – Accent Inn Vancouver Airport
Click here to Book Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel Richmond
Why Accent Inn Vancouver Airport?
This is one of the easiest decision on this list of the best hotels in Richmond, BC. If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Richmond with friendly service, clean rooms, and no-frills but still a reasonable 3* hotel then Accent Inn Vancouver Airport is your go-to choice.
This is your choice if you’re looking for a cheap but good hotel in Richmond, BC.
(1) Cheap – Prices at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport are often the cheapest option in Richmond hotels. Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel emphasizes on value-orientated (cheap) pricing while striving at being a local hotel in Richmond, BC …with local hospitality. It is a BC-born hotel brand where currently each hotel is corporate owned than franchised ensuring better consistency perhaps.
(2) Clean – The rooms are not your typical budget/cheap hotels. Accent Inn prides itself with consistently clean room and good housekeeping that checks sheets and rooms are properly cleaned.
(3) Comfortable – Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel while on the budget hotel pricing offers a no-frills 3* hotel with local service providing for a comfortable stay whether you’re visiting on business or leisure. No grudging service as you might with budget hotels. The cheap hotel in Richmond, BC has every room amenity you might desire with a Richmond hotel including coffee maker, TV, ironing board, and a rubby ducky for you to bring home. The Richmond hotel also has a coffee machine in the lobby available to guests with complementary evening cookies & hot chocolate. The cheap hotel in Richmond, BC also has a full fitness room, hot tub, and on-site restaurant providing comforts for your stay. Importantly, Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel emphasize offering friendly, local, family-like service to guests… not your typical budget hotel in Richmond, BC; there’s a warmth to the service.
(4) Renovated – The Richmond hotel has been kept properly up to date and maintained but they also completed a full renovation bringing the rooms to a even better standard for guests.
(5) Local – The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel is a local BC hotel chain that is family owned with properties in Victoria BC, Burnaby BC, and Kelowna BC. It’s a West-Coast family company that cares about their guests and community. A well run, cheap hotel in Richmond that doesn’t disappoint.
Downsides to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel:
(-1) Location: The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel may not be an ideal location if you’re looking to visit Richmond, BC. The location is more towards an industrial/office complex and opposite is a busy highway. It is a good location if you’re looking for a cheap airport hotel and using the complementary airport shuttle (shared with Travelodge – notoriously bad hotel in Richmond, BC).
Other than that, the location is nothing to boast about but it’s safe and cheap. It’s also convenient if you have a car because getting from the Richmond hotel to downtown Richmond is a brief 10 minutes drive.
If you’re attending the Richmond Night Market, the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel shuttle can drop you off at Bridgeport Station where the night market is located and pick you up from Vancouver Airport. While not official practice (yet with their keenness to accommodate, and assist guests) – you can usually request the front desk to schedule the shuttle to drop you off at Bridgeport Station (easy access to downtown Richmond or downtown Vancouver) and pick-up at Vancouver Airport… if the airport shuttle is not busy.
(-2) Amenities: The hotel is a cheap Richmond hotel that’s a fair 3* standard. It’s very acceptable cheap hotel in Richmond but it’s not famed for its amenities. While some Richmond hotels may have resort like amenities, at the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, there are very limited amenities which includes a (1) fitness room (2) hot tub (3) patio. You do get more than what you pay for at the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, but it is very lean on amenities if that’s what you’re looking for your travel. You do get a great value for your room, clean and comfortable rooms, and friendly local service with consistency at this cheap Richmond hotel – this said, the hotel amenities are basic. The beds are good and the rooms are carefully cleaned, which is what truly matters with a cheap hotel in Richmond – along with service of course… which Accent Inn Vancouver Airport fulfills on both points.
It makes for an excellent Vancouver airport hotel, and still a very good value Richmond, BC hotel.
Who is Accent Inn Vancouver Airport for?
The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel would be very good choice, the best choice, if you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC with comfortable, clean, and safe accommodation you’d expect from an average 3* hotel at the price you’d expect from a 1* to 2* hotel.
It is a BC local hotel chain that is known for surpassed value and affordable prices for travelers. They cater largely to truckers but the rooms are well appointed, clean and suitable for a wide demographic of travelers including families, solo travelers, budget business travelers, and sometimes airline crew.
Cheap Hotels in Richmond, BC – The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport fits very well with budget travelers looking for a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC without sacrificing comfort or cleanliness. Differing from other cheap hotels in Richmond, BC – the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel is truly an excellent hotel… that happens to be cheap. Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel would cater very well to those looking for a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC – but surprisingly, you’re still provided with a clean, comfortable, safe, and friendly accommodation at Accent Inn Vancouver airport. Those looking for a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC will appreciate the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel. The cooking facilities may be very much appreciated for families wanting to cook and eat a meal together in the hotel room.
Families – The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is a family-friendly hotel. If you’re looking for a Richmond hotel that will gladly welcome your family with children, then Accent Inn Vancouver Airport should be on your radar. The staff are very warm towards children and the complex offers green space directly outside your Richmond hotel room. Since the hotel is structured more like a motel where each room is accessed individually than from a hallway – parents can rest easier without concern of their children making too much noise or disruption in the hallway. There are also kitchenette rooms that are great for cooking a healthy family meal while travelling! The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is a very family-friendly hotel in Richmond, BC minimizing the stress of travel for parents who are concerned about their children making a ruckus for other guests – with much green space and a fairly safe industrial park, children can also spend their energies outdoors nearby to the Richmond hotel (with parental supervision).
Budget Business Travelers – Budget business travelers looking for a cheap hotel in Richmond for business travels will find Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel to provide everything you might want at an affordable value-orientated price. (1) Clean rooms with working space (2) Good WiFi (3) Seamless check-in (4) Friendly service (5) Professionalism. Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is more than a cheap three-star hotel in Richmond, BC – it is an affordable, friendly & local Richmond hotel with all the basic amenities you’d need in a Richmond hotel, even if you’re travelling for work. The business centre at this Richmond hotel however is simply a computer in the hotel lobby, but the staff would be more than happy to help you with any printing. (On the bright side, there is a coffee machine in the lobby.) Those looking for a cheap business hotel in Richmond, BC will find Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel to be a suitable choice. It’s a no-frills but clean Richmond hotel with personality.
Budget Solo Travelers – Individuals travelling and exploring themselves on a budget will appreciate Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel for its value and comfortable accommodation in Richmond, BC. The location may not be ideal but it provides everything a solo traveler may be looking for at a competitive price for cheap hotels in Richmond, BC. Rooms start at around $102/night during the off-peak period and includes a comfortable bed, coffee maker, in a reasonably spacious room… included with a rubber ducky to keep you company! (and yes, did we mention coffee?)
Pet-Friendly Richmond Hotel – Accent Inn Vancouver airport hotel is a pet-friendly hotel in Richmond, BC. The hotel provides plenty of space outdoors for your dog to enjoy real grass right outside your room. The Richmond hotel charges $20/night fee (supposedly for additional cleaning – but it’s just a pet fee) which permits up to two pets per room (regardless of size – if more than two pets just ask in advance). These are specially assigned pet-friendly rooms with special towels and dog treats available. Accent Inn might well be one of the most friendly pet-friendly hotels in Richmond, BC with welcoming and lax policies for your pet. (They’re not only pet tolerant but pet-friendly with most of the Richmond hotel staff loving pets – perhaps except house keeping! 😂) You can read more about the pet-friendly policies at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel here.
Vancouver Airport Hotel – If you’re looking for a cheap Vancouver airport hotel in Richmond, BC then Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is your perfect choice… much like anyone else looking for a cheap (but reliable, comfortable and clean) hotel in Richmond, BC. The Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel provides complementary airport shuttle every 30 minutes from 3:30 AM to midnight. If you arrive from 12 AM to 3:30 AM, you’re welcomed to take a cab from the airport to the Richmond airport hotel and the staff will pay your cab fare. (just present your taxi receipt)
Actually I have stayed at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel previously during travels out of YVR airport and can personally share that their staff are very friendly & willing to pay the cab fare in lieu of the airport shuttle delay or unavailability… even during the day if the shuttle is running late and you’re looking to catch a flight they’ll book you a cab and pay for your cab (which is a rarity with Vancouver airport hotels to prioritize customer service over the bottom line). If you’re looking for a cheap Vancouver Airport hotel, you can’t go wrong with Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel – many other cheap Vancouver airport hotel may provide you with unfriendly, cheap service (unexpectedly) or dirty rooms and questionable experience… but not so with Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel; expect a quality 3* hotel at a 2* hotel price without being nickled or dimed. (and plenty of playful and funny jokes/cards around the hotel too, to give you a laugh. Laughing certainly helps for the weary traveler – laughing apparently helps your immune system too – important when flying which often surrounds you with many sick passengers/germs and the higher altitude wearing down your body & body’s immune system.)
The Richmond hotel also has ample parking with park and fly options available so you can stay the night, park your car, and catch an airport shuttle to your flight then take the airport shuttle back to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport to pick up your car when you return. Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel has security at night patrolling the parking lot for safety and security.
School/Group Travels – Finally, Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC is a popular choice for school and group travel demographics. Firstly, the hotel is cheap but clean and comfortable while also importantly being reliable. Secondly the hotel is large enough to accommodate large groups with around a 100 rooms over three floors with varying sizes. Thirdly, the hotel is accommodating to groups because of the outdoor entry minimizing noise disruptions for other guests despite the typical rowdy nature of groups. Fourth, Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel is one of the few Richmond hotels to provide a kitchenette in several room types (One Bedroom Suite, Queen Bed Kitchenette, Two Queens Kitchenette) allowing for large groups and sport teams to cook their own nutritious meals. There are also coin laundry facilities available which is especially useful for sport teams looking to wash their sweaty game clothes. Overall, the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel is a very appealing Richmond hotel for groups whether as a social club, sports steam, tour group, or school.
Accent Inns Vancouver Airport Hotel Location:
The Accent Inns Vancouver Airport Hotel is located in a more rural area of Richmond, BC but still highly convenient to Vancouver International Airport and a few minutes drive from Richmond Centre. The location would be rated a 6/10; guest of this Richmond, BC hotel will find convenient dining options, and that the Richmond hotel is located in a safe area (as with all of Richmond, and most of Vancouver – just NEVER book a hotel in Downtown East Side… just don’t – it’s more likely a SRO which is a drug addict housing basically) but the location of this Richmond hotel is not the most accessible without a car.
Food & Dining around Accent Inns Vancouver Airport:
Accent Inns Vancouver Airport in Richmond, BC is located within a relatively industrialized/office area of Richmond, BC. It is a good 10 minutes drive to downtown Richmond and various dining options but offers limited choices for dining within walking distance.
There are three main clusters of dining choices around Accent Inn Vancouver Airport:
(1) Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel/Airport Executive Park – Right within the vicinity of Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is (a) Eggspectation – It replaced what used to be iHops when it burned down. Unfortunately the replacement isn’t as spectacular in value. This is a high-end breakfast joint founded out of Montreal, which is Ok. On the bright side, because it was founded out of Montreal – you can be sure to know they have poutine! The value is what you’d pay at a low-end steakhouse for a diner quality food however. Over at Airport Executive Park is (a) Creme De La Crumb – which is a local breakfast/coffee franchise serving Airport Executive Park; it is right opposite from Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel at the Airport Executive Park and serves good coffee, homemade pastries, and a variety of lunch options like soup and sandwiches… not bad for a quick bite if you’re lazy to head out or order delivery. Opposite is Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel with (a) Fogg N Sudds – A pub/bar with breakfast buffet and good dining options at night including wings. (b) Mcdonalds – needs no explanation but it is open 24 hours and also known as the American Embassy <oops, sorry – did I really write that? No offense intended to our American friends; it’s just that you’ll find a Mcdonalds in almost every country.>.
(2) Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel – Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel is the closest dining options to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC. Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC (our #4 pick for best Richmond, BC hotels) is located right besides Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, near as well to Airport Executive Business Park. Within the Richmond hotel complex you will find, (a) Chop Steakhouse & Bar – Located opposite the lobby of Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel, the Chop Steakhouse & Bar is a semi-casual steakhouse; the Chop Steakhouse & Bar gets 3/5 for value, 3/5 for food, and 4/5 for service. (b) SharkClub – A casual bar/pub with drinks and pub food such as burgers, wings, and pizza. The Shark Club gets a 4/5 for value, 3.5/5 for food, and 3/5 for service. Funnily, you won’t find this on Google Maps BUT you can find it at the back of the Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel in a separate, almost shack-like building towards Airport Executive Park. (c) Denny’s – Located to the edge of Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel and besides Steve Nash Sports Club, Denny’s is an all-day breakfast joint/American diner. They serve their popular breakfast, mediocre coffee, and varying sandwiches/diner steaks throughout the day and night – 24 hours actually. They serve acceptable poutine as well. We’d rate it 2.5/5 for value, 3/5 for food – depending on what you order, and 2.5/5 for service… as you’d expect from a 24 hr diner. (d) Starbucks – Starbucks is a small kiosk located within the lobby of Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel serving your typical coffee, drinks, and snacks from a small kiosk that is opened only in the morning – early afternoon. (e) Jugo Juice – A little known dining spot is Jugo Juice located within Steve Nash Sport Club serving a variety of smoothies, protein shakes, fresh juices, and wraps or snacks/pastries. You have to inform SNSC staff that you’re going for the Jugo Juice first however to enter – they also sell protein bars, healthy drinks like vitamin water or coconut water, supplements, and snacks at the front SNSC if you’re looking for something to aid/fuel your workout while travelling! We’d rate Jugo Juice a 2/5 for value, 3.5/5 for food, and 4.5/5 for service. (f) Convenience/Souvenir Store – Now another thing that you won’t find information online but exists is a souvenir/convenience store within Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel. It is located just to the right of Starbucks in Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel lobby; it is independently owned and operated separate from Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel and sells a variety of snacks, drinks, and small meals like instant noodle and meal replacement bars. They also sell a variety of souvenirs like maple syrup and native products. We’d rate it a 1/5 for value, 2/5 for food, and 2/5 for service. It’s a convenient jaunt if you need something you forgot and don’t want the hassle of going to Shoppers Drug Mart at Cambie Plaza or towards Richmond Centre. A fun fact however that UberEats and Foodora also delivers 7-11 products (and importantly a large variety of Richmond restaurants) to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel; we don’t think the convenience store at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel will last long.
(3) Cambie Plaza – Cambie Plaza is approximately a brief 5 minutes drive from Accent Inn Vancouver Airport or a good 15 minutes walk from your Richmond, BC hotel. It is technically within walking distance if you’re keen but there isn’t much to appreciate along the way. Cambie Plaza is the closest complex to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel with all the dining, and convenience products you may require with close to 10+ restaurants of varying cuisines, a liquor store, a dollar store, and a grocery/drug store. This is the closest and easiest place to go if you need something while staying at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel. (Alternatively, you can order Uber Eats or one of the many food delivery services in Metro Vancouver.) If you need something while staying at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, chances are, the closest you’ll find it is at or around Cambie Village. You’ll find a variety of food and beverage options at Cambie Plaza along with Shoppers Drug Mart. Notably at Cambie Plaza is LA’s Chicken – one of the BEST fried chicken in Richmond. Nearby as well is Church’s Chicken which is also an excellent fried chicken franchise in Metro Vancouver. There is a popular Chinese restaurant – Continental Seafood Restaurant. Here’s a list of notable restaurants and possible interests you may find around Cambie Plaza: (a) Church’s Chicken – Great fried chicken franchise in Metro Vancouver especially known for crispy and juicy chicken and refreshing tex mex wrap (b) Kiyo Sushi – A Japanese restaurant serving sushi and bentos among a variety of Japanese cuisine. Reasonably good sushi but not fantastic. Here are the BEST sushi restaurants in Richmond, BC (c) Continental Seafood Restaurant – A Chinese restaurant serving a large variety of dishes including take-out Chinese BBQ. They like to advertise that the former prime minister Stephan Harper dined at the restaurant, haha. Here are the BEST Chinese restaurants in Richmond, BC or the BEST Chinese BBQ in Richmond, BC <There are plenty!>. As for Continental Seafood Restaurant, it’s decent Chinese food and Chinese BBQ with an especially convenient take-out, prices are on the higher end. (d) Tandoori Kono Restaurant – A small Indian restaurant. (f) Typhoon Bubble Tea Taiwanse Cuisine – Known especially for their bubble tea. It’s pretty good except slightly pricier. (g) Cambie Plaza Liquor Store – An independent liquor store with a large variety of wine, spirits, and beers or adult sodas. Prices at provincial liquor stores are usually cheaper. Here’s a guide on Richmond Liquor Stores. (h) Shoppers Drug Mart – Where you’ll find just about any drinks or snacks you might be craving, including beef jerky. As well for your convenience, it is a pharmacy for your medical needs or nutritional needs. There is also an ATM as well as a Canada Post <for those post cards you bought at the Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel’s convenience store> as well as a MoneyGram should you need it. (i) Loonie Toonie Variety Store – A dollar store of sorts selling all kinds of trinkets including drinks and postcards. (j) RBC Bank – (k) Little Ongpin Restaurant – One of the BEST Filipino Restaurants in Richmond, BC. They are known for good communal dining foods and unique Filipino foods. (l) Edsa Mart Filipino Specialty Grocery – A speciality grocery shop selling your daily necessities and Filipino speciality products. (m) Fruiticana – A sort of grocery shop/market that only sells primarily fruits along with many tropical fruits. A bit like Kin’s Market. (n) HealthPlus Pharmacy – if you need prescriptions or vitamins, your best choice is likely Shoppers Drug Mart, but this is another pharmany should you need so (o) Richmond Pizza – A pizza shop that serves average pizza with reasonable value. Nothing fantastic. Thick crusts. The pizza shop also sells fried chicken if it speaks anything about its authenticity. (p) Lotus Restaurant – A modern Vietnamese restaurant known largely for their pho with a sleak & stylish restaurant interior design screaming fusion/modern vietnamese cuisine. Here are the best Vietnamese Food in Richmond, BC. (q) Fraser Medical Clinic – Well, if you need to see a local doctor, you have the option to here. Call for appointments. (r) Five & Cambie Barber Shop – Your average barber shop if you need a quick haircut. Here are the BEST Barber Shops in Richmond, BC <Note, Barbers only cut men’s hair> and here are the BEST Salons in Richmond, BC. If you prefer, here are the BEST Salons in Richmond, BC for women, which may provide a more comfortable experience and better haircut for women <which can be more complex than a barber shop – since let’s face it, men don’t really need complex haircuts>. (s) Himalaya – An Indian restaurant that serves a good value buffet. Although we wouldn’t recommend buffet if you’re going to be catching a flight soon. (t) Best Tandoori Chicken & Meats – A shop selling raw meats so that wouldn’t be too useful for you unless you booked a Accent Inn room with a Kitchenette and hoped to do some cooking. (u) Dollar Store Convenience – Another dollar store/convenience shop at Cambie Plaza. (v) Cambie Plaza Dental – If you have a tooth ache on your travels to Richmond, BC… this is a Richmond dentists relatively near to your Richmond hotel. Here are the BEST (good) dentists in Richmond, BC however.
Around the immediate vicinity of Cambie Plaza (the adjoining plazas) are (a) L.A. Fried Chicken – Great fried chicken spot in Richmond BC albeit slightly greasy and under cleaned restaurant interior. It is one of the BEST fried chicken in Richmond, BC (b) Panago Pizza – Pan Pizza chain in Metro Vancouver which serves Ok but fairly healthy pizza. Available for delivery or pick up. If you’re going to have pizza, don’t settle for less… here are the BEST pizza in Richmond, BC. (c) Lucky Joy – What a wonderful name for a restaurant. It definitely has to be a Chinese restaurant. 😂. It is a Chinese restaurant serving delicious (but expensive) BBQ Meats/Pork on rice along with a sit-in variety of Chinese stir-fry dishes, and fresh seafood. (d) Daddy’s Grill – Just at Cambie Road and No5 Road is a Mediterranean Restaurant. It is one of the BEST Mediterranean Restaurants in Richmond, BC. (f) Richmond Halal Meat & Deli – Serving Halal meats and deli meat as its name implies. No real use for you unless you want to cook in your Richmond hotel Kitchenette at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, or make a sandwich to go. <Shoppers Drug Mart also sells a large variety of deli-meat, cheese, and bread if you’re craving a sandwich at your Richmond hotel.>
There is also a Coast Capital Savings in the area which is a credit union, but it wouldn’t do much good for you unless you’re a local – their services are more limited than a bank. If you wish to withdraw money however and have a HSBC card, you can do so free at their ATMS. As well, their ATMs charge a lower fee than most Big 5 Banks ATM. (If you’re relocating to Canada and wish to set up financial services, here is our recommendation on the BEST Banks in Vancouver or the BEST Credit Unions in Vancouver.) As we mentioned, there are plenty and almost EVERYTHING you need for your visit to Richmond, BC around the Cambie Plaza; if your Richmond hotel of choice is Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel, or Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel – Cambie Plaza is conveniently located a quick 5 minutes drive away or a longer 20 minutes walk, through pretty much nothingness however.)
(4) St Edwards Crossing – St. Edwards Crossing is for the adventurous walkers. It is located approximately 15 minutes away from Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel and can be found walking along the road past Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond to the sister property, Sandman Vancouver Airport Hotel. At this strip mall, you’ll find a variety of dining options such as (a) A&W – If you’re not American or Canadian, A&W is a popular burger joint famous for their family-named burgers like baby burger, teen burger, mama burger, papa burger, uncle burger along with their root beers and root bear float in a frozen mug. (b) Fujiya – A small Japanese grocery store with prepared Japanese food such as sushi and bentos for takeout. Find Japanese snacks here such as sweets and chips, or a complete meal to go (c) Taco Del Mar – a Mexican fast-food restaurant (d) Quiznos – a sandwich shop similar to Subways (e) Dai Jang Kum – A sit-in Korean BBQ restaurant. Just to the right of St. Edwards Crossing across the street is another small strip-mall with (a) Bridgeport Liquor Store – An independent liquor store (b) Neptune Express – Chinese cuisine including dim sum. Now on the other end of St. Edwards Crossing, which is closer to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel is Sandman Vancouver Airport Hotel – not to be confused with Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport hotel – at the Sandman Vancouver Airport Hotel is a Moxies restaurant which serves pretty decent food and has excellent service at mid-range prices. It’s a Grill and Bar with your typical North American fare and pub food including a few unique desserts and salads such as a white chocolate brownie or a market kale salad. Further on ahead at Bridgeport Road is a shopping complex with (a) Tim Hortons – a 24 hours Canadian <used to be, was bought over by a Brazilian private equity firm who have changed it quite a bit> coffee shop with donuts, coffee, breakfast, lunch, and soup. (b) Michaels – An art shop where you will find most things related to arts and craft; a useful stop if you need to get some office materials or arts-and-craft material for one reason or another, including sewing needles or fabrics if need be. (c) Dollarama – A dollar store with many items including snacks, batteries, and screw drivers should you need some odd tools; it is like a cheap general store. Just opposite from St. Edwards Crossing as well, at Sandman Vancouver Airport Hotel is (a) Moxie’s Grill & Bar – Fairly similar to what you might find at Chop’s Steakhouse
St. Edwards Crossing is a convenient shopping plaza for food within walking distance – use UberEats or Uber would be better, however. (Now that it is available as of February 1, 2020)
(5) UberEats, Foodora, SkipTheDishes, DoorDash – Perhaps the best invention for travelers in recent history is food delivery apps like UberEats and Foodora… you now have access to hundreds of restaurants within your vicinity without leaving your hotel room – beyond your typical pizza delivery options. All four apps are available for use within Metro Vancouver and if you haven’t used these apps, you usually get a discount on your first use. You can read our article about the Best Food Delivery Apps in Metro Vancouver to find the run down of each; in short, we really like UberEats and Foodora followed by DoorDash then SkipTheDishes for customer service, value, courier quality/speed, and restaurant variety. Thanks to good competition, and a large amount of investor’s capital with the usual start-up objective of “growth at any cost” – you’ll find that many of these food delivery apps charge next to nothing for their service… especially if you’re a first time customer! So get great food delivered, cheap.
Do you need a car staying at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel?
Yes. While the immediate vicinity may not offer many options for dining or exploration, the hotel can serve as an excellent base for your travels or business visit in Richmond, BC.
While the hassle of renting and driving a car in an unfamiliar city may be undesirable for some – you do actually require a car (ideally) while staying at Accent Inns Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC.
Ride Sharing/Personal Car Services/Cabs:
You should have no problem staying at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel using ride-sharing.
Location is no longer a concern with ride-sharing coming to British Columbia. Formerly, the only option for personal transport in Vancouver among tourist and business travelers was cabs or hiring a personal driver; cabs however were notoriously unreliable and often dirty.
New legislation will bring ride-sharing option to British Columbia in Fall of 2019. With ride-sharing you can get to your destination effortlessly from your hotel. While licenses are still being applied for, you can expect to find (1) Uber (2) Lyft (3) Kabu and a variety of other ride-sharing services. There are more ride-sharing options in Vancouver due to its late introduction (providing time for competition to play in a new market).
Local Tip – Another “ride-sharing” choice is Kater which is actually a subsidiary of sorts by the taxi lobby who have lobbied politicians for eons to block ride-sharing so your mileage may vary using Kater.
Using Public Transit at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel:
Due to the nature of its location, the hotel is best suited if you plan on having a car. If you do not have a car when visiting Richmond, BC – the hotel does have an Airport shuttle that goes to Vancouver International Airport where you can connect to the Canada Line (however departing from Vancouver International Airport will incur a $5 surcharge on top your regular fare) bringing you conveniently to downtown Vancouver or downtown Richmond. Furthermore, the hotel often provides guests the opportunity to take the shuttle to Bridgeport Station (where the River Rock Casino Resort is located) which will provide effortless access to downtown Vancouver and downtown Richmond.
Using public transit while staying at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel might be a hassle but it is not exceptionally inconvenient; you can take a 10 minute bus to downtown Richmond or request the hotel’s airport shuttle to drop you off at the BridgePort Station Canada Line for an easy train to downtown Richmond in 3 minutes or downtown Vancouver in 20 minutes.
What else should you know about Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel?
As with many hotels in Richmond, BC… Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel underwent a full renovation with rooms finding new decor, new carpets, and new beds. This will ensure your experience is more pleasant as the hotel has been gracefully aging before the renovations.
The suite rooms will also offer guests Keurig coffee machines while standard rooms have standard coffee machines. Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel offers kitchenette rooms which provide a basic kitchen (open-concept so keep in mind your cooking will be in the same room as your – comfortable – bed) which can be especially convenient if you want to cook up a simple meal for a healthier choice.
This Richmond Hotel prides itself on local service. It’s not a fancy property by any means, it is near the highway but noise is rarely an issue. If you’re concerned about highway noise then requesting a room on the back of the property facing an office/industrial complex would be ideal.
Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel does not have the best location for a hotel in Richmond, BC (unless you’re visiting Richmond, BC on business at one of the many businesses around the industrial park) but it does have sufficient dining options around the hotel notably a restaurant attached to Accent Inns Vancouver Airport Hotel – Eggspectation (which serves overpriced/luxury breakfast fare). Better choice for Richmond hotel guests is located across the street from Accent Inns Vancouver Airport at Fogg N Sudds with a breakfast buffet for ~$15, along with casual American/Canadian pub food throughout the day. A 24 hours Macdonalds can also be found across the street, just steps from Fogg N Sudds. A little more obscure and unfamiliar to hotel guests at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is Creme De La Creme cafe at the business/industrial park (170-10760 Shellbridge Way, Richmond, BC V6X 2W8) which is just a two minutes walk from your Richmond hotel. If you don’t mind a slightly longer walk, you can also enjoy three more restaurants within a five minutes walk at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel including a Denny’s restaurant for breakfast.
Conclusion – Why Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel is the #2 BEST Richmond Hotel – BEST cheap hotel in Richmond, BC:
(1) Value (2) Cleanliness (3) Service is everything you may want to find with a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC and Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel exceeds these categories on all points.
Having already highlighted several times that Accent Inn Vancouver Airport is a rarity with cheap hotels in Richmond – in providing quality accommodation for a cheap price. While you generally would be better avoiding budget hotels in Richmond such as Travelodge Vancouver Airport, Accent Inn Vancouver Airport is an except among cheap hotels in Richmond, BC – providing both value/cheap prices, and comfort.
You might well be able to describe Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel as this…
Among all cheap hotels in Richmond, BC – Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel finds itself as the best.
Among all good 3* hotels in Richmond, BC – Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel finds itself as the cheapest.
If you’re looking for a budget hotel in Richmond, BC or a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC there is truly no better choice than Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel – it’s local, it’s clean, it’s cheap!
Address: 10551 St Edwards Dr, Richmond, BC V6X 3L8
3) Best Business Hotel in Richmond, BC – Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is an excellent hotel in Richmond, BC for their location, and everything you might desire when looking for a hotel in Richmond, BC for business/corporate travel. This is an especially popular choice for flight attendants of international airlines (namely EVA air). With its proximity to two of the largest malls in Richmond, BC and the closest hotel to Vancouver Airport within downtown Richmond, the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is justifiably the hotel in Richmond, BC with the best location. It is easily one of the BEST hotels in Richmond, BC for various reasons but primarily its location, and 4-star property amenities.
Why stay at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport:
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport’s location in downtown Richmond, BC is truly note worthy – The star of Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport in Richmond, BC is its location in downtown Richmond; bar none, it is one of the best-located hotel in Richmond, BC.
Couple this with 4* amenities such as a indoor heated pool, and a complete workout facility, along with refreshed rooms in a well-appointed hotel room with large windows, and standard customer service – it’s not hard to see why Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport can be considered as one of the BEST hotels in Richmond, BC even justifiably as a Vancouver airport hotel.
The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is one of the best options for a hotel in Richmond, BC.
(+) Richmond Hotel Location – The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport’s location is second to none as far as Richmond hotels are concerned. This makes it the perfect hotel for business travelers looking for convenience and accessibility when choosing a Richmond business-orientated hotel. More information under Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport’s Location paragraph.
The Richmond hotel is located besides Aberdeen Centre – One of the largest Asian themed malls in Metro Vancouver with plenty to explore, and meals to adventure, Aberdeen Canada Line Station – a regular-interval autonomous mass rapid transport bringing you to downtown Vancouver in 20 minutes or Lansdowne Centre in 3 minutes (with T&T nearby for some Taiwanese friend chicken, and Lansdowne mall with a variety of dining and shopping available… as well as the infamous Alexandra Street lined with unique Asian-orientated restaurants including the popular ‘Miss Fu In Chengdu’ for some spicy food) or Richmond Centre in 5 minutes (downtown Richmond with Richmond City Hall, a large shopping centre holding tenants as Apple, Aritzia, American Eagle, Boss Store, Blue Notes, Bentley, Coach, Ecco, Flight Centre, Forero’s Bags and Luggage, Godiva Chocolatier, H&M, Hudson’s Bay, IndigoSpirit, J2, Jac by Jacqueline Conior, Kate Spad New York, Kin’s Farm Market, Lululemon, Mac, Muji, Nike, Old Navy, Purdys Chocolatier, Roots Canada, Sunglass Hut, Sephora, Sage Natural Wellness, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sport Chek, Transat Travel, The Body Shop, The Source, Topman, VANS, Zara… along with a variety of Salons, Jewellers, Doctors and Dentists. There’s also a 2nd floor food court with a large variety of international cuisines, and several cafes & bakeries in the large mall… with many healthy North American dining options; mentioning this as Richmond has a disproportionate amount of Asian dining. There’s also a White Spot here, a popular BC-based eatery known for Canadian cuisine with burgers and milk shakes. Your typical North American mall basically.) For some quick eats, Yaohan Centre’s food court is a popular destination (of the three mixed rice stalls, go for the last one nearest to the two bubble tea shop – while variety is fewer, the food quality & taste there is usually better, the first stall’s Asian friend chicken is also fairly delectable, as is the hot pot store across from it) while groceries, snacks, drinks, bakery, and prepared foods is readily available at Osaka’s Market. There are many unique and pleasant dining options within walking distance of this Richmond hotel! This said, dining at the hotel’s restaurant – Mozza – grants you a 25% discount for charges to your room, which is an incredible deal!
(+) Richmond Hotel Amenities – The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport provides all the amenities you may want or need with a business hotel in Richmond, BC. (1) Indoor Heated Pool & Fitness Centre – to stay fit and relax on your travels to Richmond, BC (2) Fast Complementary WiFi – to stay connected and working while at your Richmond hotel (3) Great rooms with Coffee, Working Space, and comfortable bed and 43″ TV – Room amenities are on point with refreshed rooms providing comfortable beds for a good rest along with spacious working space to use and a 43″ TV to unwind with a movie or local news. Get all the work you need done with your workspace in your comfortable room; get any printing done complementary at the front desk. All rooms include an in-room safe to store your small laptop, data devices, or valuables. (4) Complementary Airport Shuttle – convenient for those catching a flight in or out of YVR. The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is located close to Vancouver International Airport, just right from the exit ramp of Sea Island; the airport shuttle is friendly and timely, arriving at YVR in under 15 minutes at 30 minutes intervals. You can also reach the Airport or McArthurGlen Designer Outlet using the Canada Line Skytrain from Aberdeen Station, in 10-15 minutes with one transfer at Bridgeport. (5) On-site Restaurant w/ Breakfast – The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport has a fairly good on-site restaurant “Mozza”< formerly “Fresh” known for its prime beef> which serves a breakfast buffet for $21 to start the day right! Hotel guests also get 25% off by charging the bill to their room.
(+) Good Service, Consistency, and Cleanliness – Most importantly, expect good and pleasant service with your stay at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport along with consistency and cleanliness which is what many travelers look for with a chain hotel. Enjoy consistent service, consistent rooms, consistent cleanliness. There’s no guessing game as you might have with the hotel down the street at Days Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport, Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, Quality Hotel Airport South, or even the Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport. Expect consistencity with (1) good service (2) quality and modern rooms (3) cleanliness – linens, towels, room furnishing. The service is not exceptionally remarkable nor predictive as a 5* hotel, but it’s good, friendly and a “Yes I can” standard. The rooms are all refurnished with modern comforts in mind and a 43″ T.V., most importantly with new and cloud-like beds. While the rooms are consistently cleaned and comfortable – no need to worry about finding a room left unclean as notoriously reported of some hotel’s lapse in house keeping.
(+) Radisson Loyalty Program – A significant part of business travel is the loyalty program of each hotel franchise to rack up those free nights presuming you’d require regular and frequent visits to a city. While the Radisson Hotels loyalty program, aptly named – Radisson Rewards – is not as alluring as the Marriott Bonvoy (with over 6500 hotels globally), the Radisson Rewards offers some appealing member’s benefits starting from 0 nights ranging from 5-20% discount on food & beverage, along with two free bottles of water for all Radisson Rewards members. You can also begin redeeming free nights at 9000 points, which is roughly 3-5 nights at the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport. It’s another privilege to staying at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport as a business traveler. Members get added perks by status including complementary upgrades.
(+) Convenience as a Vancouver Airport Hotel: If you’re coming to Richmond, BC from out of town, it’s likely you’ll be arriving by Vancouver International Airport – YVR. Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is one of the closest hotel to YVR, just minutes from the airport while yet conveniently located in downtown Richmond. They have a friendly complimentary shuttle service from the Richmond hotel to Vancouver International Airport and vise-versa; this makes getting from the airport to your hotel effortless than navigating an unfamiliar environment. (And in case you were not yet aware, the taxi industry in Metro Vancouver has a notorious reputation for <1> bad service <2> horrible attitude <3> some overcharging/shady practice <4> lack of availability – line ups can be upwards of 30 minutes to an hour at the airport <5> expensive <6> dirty cars <7> horrible reservation systems – you can book a cab, or call a cab, and have your reservation confirmed but whether the cab comes is a guess <8> did I mention bad service? …That’s what comes with a monopoly, with no incentive to innovate while keeping a 6 figure a year salary to drive.) So yes, having an airport shuttle to your Richmond hotel can save you a lot of hassle, wait time, and inconvenience. Furthermore, the shuttle at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is prompt, timely, and friendly. You won’t have any issues getting to and from the airport to the hotel as another perk to booking this Richmond hotel, and while some hotels in Richmond will share shuttle bus, the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport does not; this means you can get to the hotel without worry of another stop over elsewhere or an overcrowded shuttle bus. (The only disclaimer is that Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport has a lot of contract work with international airlines, you may find your shuttle bus near full with many flight attendants and pilots form EVA air or other airlines. However, as flight attendants tend to leave the plane last, and the shuttle bus runs on 30 minutes intervals, with Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport being no more than 15 minutes from the Airport – you’ll likely not find a full shuttle bus. Even then, they have a spare shuttle bus for such instances of high volume, presumably.) If you’re arriving to Richmond, BC from YVR – you’ll appreciate booking at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport as your Richmond hotel combining the convenience of being located in downtown Richmond, while also the ease of arrival from Vancouver’s International Airport (YVR).
Downsides to Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport:
(-) Older Richmond Hotel: The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is an older hotel in Richmond (partly a trade-off with it’s phenomenal location) – the hotel has undergone renovation but clearly shows its age.
(-) Price – Not the BEST Value for Richmond Hotels: As far as value is concerned, you’re not necessarily getting the best bang for your buck at Raidsson Hotel Vancouver Airport. While the location is great, and service is good, the room/hotel property may leave guests wanting more; the prices however are comparable to what you might pay for a 4* hotel in Richmond, BC and similar to Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel or Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel.
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport Location:
The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport Location is second to none; it is conveniently located in the heart of Richmond, BC – right at the Vancouver International Airport exit as well as besides two of Richmond’s most popular shopping mall. For your transport convenience, it is also right opposite the Canada Line Station which can bring you to Richmond Centre (5 minutes) or to Downtown Vancouver (20 minutes). The rooms are noise insulated so you won’t be overly disturbed by the noise of the SkyTrain.
There are three shopping centres within 5 minutes of Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport.
Aberdeen Mall: Located right across from Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport, Aberdeen Mall is the premier Asian shopping mall in Metro Vancouver. (It was the first Asian shopping mall in BC.) Complete with a food court on the top floor along with many Asian restaurants – you won’t find any shortage of shopping or dining at Aberdeen Mall. Here are some notable food options at Aberdeen Mall:
If you need any hygiene or general purpose product – there is a large Japanese general store much like Daiso located here as well.
Aberdeen Square: The newer brother to Aberdeen Mall is Aberdeen Square; notably, different in ambiance and shops – Aberdeen Square is not as spacious and open as Aberdeen Mall but composes four levels of boutique shops & office along with a smaller food court. There isn’t anything especially special about Aberdeen Square but there are many bubble tea shops (Here are the BEST bubble tea shops in Richmond, BC) located in Aberdeen Square along with a fried chicken shop (Here are the BEST fried chicken in Richmond, BC) at the food court. There is also a two claw arcade if you want some fun trying to win some stuff toys or hats along with several salons if you need some personal grooming (Here are the BEST salons in Richmond, BC). If you’re looking for some beauty products or Asian products, you can find many individual boutique shops selling fashion products, shoes, or Asian products at the rows of small shops at Aberdeen Square… nothing really fantastic however.
President Plaza: President Plaza is the shopping mall which Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is located. It shares the same address as President Plaza – 8181 Cambie Road. The official name of Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport until recently was Radisson President Hotel & Suites because it is located in the President’s Plaza complex (which is an old shopping mall between Yaohan Centre and Aberdeen Mall – you’ll never be at a shortage of dining options staying in Richmond, especially at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport); the new name Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is more suited however as adding President between Radisson and Hotel & Suites could easily be mistaken as a different brand, or category.
It formerly comprised of a T&T as one of the anchor tenants along with a food court atop, and a buddist temple (yeah, fairly unusual and surprising to learn of a buddist temple located within a mall haha). The mall quite frankly is nothing fantastic and one of the dustier and dirtier malls compared to Yaohan Centre and Aberdeen Centre (which is why I haven’t been to it despite frequenting the locality often because of visits to Aberdeen Centre or Yaohan Centre for delicious Chinese food.) However, notably – a new arcade or entertainment centre has opened up in lieu of T&T which is right across from the hotel if you feel bored and want a hand at trying to win some stuff toys for your SO perhaps. Further, the Red Star Chinese restaurant is located in President Plaza; there is also a small food court with a vegetarian stall – Ji Xiang Vegetarian Cuisine, Chinese breakfast stall – Chef Cong Cong, and Northern Chinese noodle stall – O’Tray Noodle. Both the food court at Yaohan Centre and Aberdeen Centre are more plentiful, clean, and brighter – which is usually why I frequent them in lieu of President Plaza. (Abredeen Centre has quite a few popular Chinese and Japanese restaurants as well.)
Yaohan Centre: Yaohan Centre is a large Asian shopping centre located in the same block as President’s Plaza, anchored by Osaka Supermarket. Among this fairly lively shopping centre is a food court with many good eats to be had mainly. Osaka Supermarket is a large Taiwanese/Chinese themed supermarket with fresh seafood, a large variety of prepared foods including rice dishes, dim sum, sushi, and Chinese BBQ along with a variety of desserts. There is also a small but varied Chinese bakery with various buns, cakes, and pastries which might make for a good breakfast. (You should especially try their BBQ pork pastry and ther Chinese egg tarts.)
Many more excellent dining options are available nearby to your Richmond hotel:
Richmond, BC (especially along No 3. Road) is a very dense city with plenty of dining options within walking distance in the city centre. Here are a few dining options and activities you may consider within walking distance of Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Things to See Or Do Around Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel:
If you’re looking for a few attractions to explore and appreciate nearby or easily accessible to your Richmond hotel, here are a few things to consider. We thought it might be helpful to provide some tips on local activities you can appreciate during your down time when visiting Richmond, BC. Here are five things to see or do near to your Richmond Hotel or easily accessible to Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel; there are many more but for the sake of keeping this Richmond hotels resource from being longer than it already is we’ll limit our suggestions to five. Thanks for reading.
1) Walk Along the Fraser River (Opposite from Vancouver International Airport) and Plane Spot: The easiest leisurely activity for business travelers to Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel in the heart of downtown Richmond, BC is to go for a walk along the Fraser River. Richmond, BC (by comparison to City of Vancouver especially) is a very safe and peaceful neighbourhood in Metro Vancouver; while you may find needles, trash, and drugs along the downtown core in City of Vancouver (thanks to Mayor Kennedy Stewart’s anti-police, pro-drugs policy) you will find the Fraser River trail in Richmond, BC a pristine, peaceful, and relaxing walk with many friendly folks along the way.
The Fraser River is just 5 minutes (literally one block away – at the intersection of #3 and Cambie Road, walk along Cambie one block and you will arrive at a relaxing waterfront… albeit fairly bare.) from the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport and makes for a great way to unwind and mule things at the end of the day after a delicious meal at FRESH. (FRESH is Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport’s conjoining restaurant which is pricier with the many nearby oriental options especially at Yaohan Centre – but a great value for their Prime Rib nights on the weekend… or should you be craving some North American cuisine.)
You can walk right along Cambie Road to River Road where you will arrive at the Fraser River Walking Path. Here is a map with directions if you need it. Proceed along River Road South which has a gravel path with seating along the way or sit by the benches and appreciate the fresh air while spotting planes landing or departing from Vancouver International Airport.
2) Visit Steveston Village to See Small Town Buildings & Fisherman’s Wharf: If you have the time and looking for a good adventure, take a Uber or Lyft to Steveston Village; here is a map for directions. It is just a quick 15 minutes drive from Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport and approximately $15 on Uber. Steveston is a quaint little village in South Richmond which has rich heritage as a fishing village; it still has a fisherman’s wharf where you can find fresh seafood sold on boats. If you fancy some uni (sea urchin) you can buy live sea urchin from the boats (sometimes $10 for 3 sea urchins). There is also a Pajo’s Fish & Chips at the wharf area which is one of the best fish and chips in Richmond, as well as a seafood restaurant known as Steveston Seafood House which is well worth trying as one of the BEST seafood restaurants in Richmond. If you’re looking to try something unique and tasty, head over to Steveston Pizza Co. for some of the BEST pizza in Richmond, BC (they deliver as well). Steveston Pizza Co. is a well-known pizzeria to many locals in Richmond, and Metro Vancouver. They’re especially famous for their unique pizza creations like “Pink” with smoke salmon, asparagus, boccnini and onions with pesto drizzle or “Hurricane” at $120 for a 12 inch pie 😲 but includes “shrimp, prawns, 8 Canadian lobster tails, smoke salmon” – yes all on a pizza! The Steveston Seafood House is also popular for their generous portion of cheese on their pizzas but the prices aren’t cheap. The prices are justified however; it’s not something you’ll find every where else.
It seems Steveston is filled with many best eateries in Richmond, BC AND Vancouver as the Outpost’s Mini Donuts (a cute shop lining the street nearby to Steveston Fisherman’s Wharf) has some of the best donuts in Vancouver with their delectable mini donuts! As well, if you’re visiting from outside North America and fancy some Canadian cuisine, besides trying poutine (which if you’re looking for the best poutine in Richmond, BC – we’d recommend Costco of all places. Costco is actually a wholesale consumer warehouse but they have a take-out eatery that makes hands-down one of the best poutine you’ll find in Western Canada… the real deal is still in Montreal!) you can try Sockeye City Grill which specializes in Canadian or rather Pacific North-West Cuisine – it doesn’t come in as one of the best Canadian restaurants in Richmond.
If you’re looking to buy some seafood back, there is a seafood market just atop from Steveston Fisherman’s Wharf, Steveston Fish, which specializes in packing seafood for travel.
3) Visit Downtown Vancouver to explore Vancouver’s Vibrant Downtown & Picture Perfect Views: Take a stress-free 20 minutes SkyTrain ride on the Canada Line right into the heart of Downtown Vancouver
4) Enjoy a Movie at Marine Gateway VIP Experience OR Play at River Rock Casino:
5) Go on a Dining Adventure Around Richmond, BC (Highly Recommended): (Honestly, Richmond is one of my personal favourite cities in Metro Vancouver because it is an Asian food paradise, safe & clean, with good walk-ability… mainly the food, and community.) As a visitor to Richmond, BC staying at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport – you are at the epicentre of all this
Transport from your Richmond, BC Hotel:
Using Uber/Lyft: As of May 7, 2020, Uber Canada is available in Richmond, BC; Lyft is still gradually expanding their service. Prior to January 23, 2020 – all ride-sharing were banned in British Columbia (because of the powerful taxi lobby in BC). There are still some growing pains currently with ride-sharing in BC
Updated – As of July 21, 2020, Uber and Lyft are operating in City of Vancouver. Uber Canada has a wider coverage and will be expanding progressively in service and coverage across Metro Vancouver, Lyft is centralizing their focus on YVR and City of Vancouver proper. The provincial government legislated ride-sharing and the provincial insurance company, ICBC, granted ride-sharing companies insurance around February 2020. While ride-sharing is here, there is a bumpy start with getting drivers on board as drivers in British Columbia require a commercial (Class 5) license to provide ride-sharing services unlike other jurisdiction Uber and Lyft Operates. More drivers are signing up as they complete their commercial license but this is still a disincentive for part-timers (locals – who would likely do it part time and hence probably more friendly and conversationalist on local advice) to take up ride-sharing; most ride-sharing drivers currently are doing it full time. Further, there are also minimum fares instituted by the government legislation to avoid over competition with taxis; this said, ride-sharing like Uber is still typically 50% the cost of taxis even at minimum fares.
Using Transit: The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is located conveniently besides the Canada Line Skytrain Station; this makes transit very effective and easy option should you choose to do so.
We would not recommend taking the bus in Vancouver (there are often questionable characters on buses in Vancouver especially on any buses heading downtown or towards DTES, and the intervals are fairly slow)
However if you wish to use the Skytrain or the Canada line to Richmond centre, downtown Vancouver or Vancouver Airport, the SkyTrain would be an excellent option. The Aberdeen SkyTrain station is located literally right outside the hotel, and the trains run to Richmond Centre or Downtown Vancouver at frequent and consistent intervals approximately 3-12 minutes.
- You can take the SkyTrain South one stop to Lansdowne with plenty of dining options along Alexandra Street, or T&T street food for some tasty and cheap eats. It is located no more than 3 minutes away.
- You can take the SkyTrain South two stops to Richmond Centre where city hall and Richmond Centre mall is located. There are also many banking and foreign exchange services in the area – there is always delicious food wherever you go in Richmond and Richmond Centre is no exception. Actually, if you have a hankering for South East Asian cuisine, you should try John 3:16 Malaysian Cuisine, one of the BEST Malaysian/Singaporean restaurants in Richmond, and greater Vancouver. If you’re looking for something to do, you can take a 401 bus from Richmond Centre to Steveston (though a Lyft or Uber would be better) about 30 minutes away – Steveston is a quaint fishing, waterfront community with artisan shops, a fisherman’s wharf and Pajo’s Fish & Chips (one of the BEST fish and chips in Richmond, BC).
- In the opposite direction North, you can take the Canada Line one stop to Bridgeport Station where the River Rock Casino Resort is located. There is also a theatre at the River Rock Casino Resort which hosts live plays and shows; you can find the schedule here. This is also where you ought to get off if you wish to transfer to YVR (located three stops South of Bridgeport Station) or Templeton Station (located one stop South of Bridgeport Station) where the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet is located. Make sure to look for the train that indicates “YVR Airport” as the destination if you wish to transfer to YVR airport or McArthurGlen Designer Outlet or you may end up going back to Richmond where you begun; both YVR Airport and Richmond Brighouse Station share the same platform but alternate train destinations.
- Going North two stations (about 5-7 minutes) will bring you to Marine Gateway Station which is a shopping and residential complex. There is a Cineplex Movie theatre here with the VIP experience option. Notable shops and services – There is also a Winners (discount, overstock, and discontinued clothing store), an upcoming RBC bank branch, CIBC bank office, and a Tim Hortons (Canadian coffee & donuts). There is also a small T&T (Asian specialty supermarket now owned by Loblaws) – would recommend going to the one on Lansdowne instead which is their flagship store, besides Metrotown – the first T&T location. There is also a Shoppers Drug Mart at Marine Gateway – which sells pharmacy products, health & wellness, along with a variety of snacks and grocery essentials. They also sell miscellaneous items like nail clippers or sewing kits if you need it on your travels. There is also a Shoppers Drug Mart located in Richmond Centre.
- Going North six stations (We’re skipping Langara – 49th, Oakridge-41st, King Edward on this guide as they are unlikely to be of any interest or significance to visitors at Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel. Oakridge has similar interest to Marine Gateway with some grocery essentials, major shopping mall, and ding options – it is also undergoing developments to be a major retail and residential complex… however nothing you cannot already find in Richmond or Marine Gateway.) will bring you to Broadway-City Hall where Vancouver’s City Hall is located. It is approximately 15 minutes away from Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel. From here, you can catch excellent aerial views of downtown Vancouver skyline along with the snow cap mountains behind (thanks partly to Vancouver’s view-cone policy that buildings cannot block the North Shore mountains). You can also catch great views of Vancouver from Queen Elizabeth Park on Little Mountain in South Vancouver. Over at Broadway City Hall is also a Whole Foods Market with an excellent cafe atop; there is also a Best Buy electronics store (There is also a Best Buy at Lansdowne – but not all Best Buy carry the same stock so if something is out at Lansdowne, you can get it from the Cambie branch.) along with a Canadian Tire (There is also a Canadian Tire about 10 minutes walking distance north of Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel, pass Yaohan to the next strip mall complex; it is located betweeen Yaohan and Bridgeport Station. It would be easier to take the Canada Line to the Cambie Branch than walking the distance to the Richmond Branch if you require to carry things back.) which sells common utilities and hobby products such as fishing rods. Notably, along the Cambie & Broadway artery (which is regarded as the centre of Vancouver) are peppered with many excellent ramen restaurants in Vancouver including Benkei Ramen and Hokkaido Ramen Santouka; the other community with as many ramen shops is in downtown Vancouver along Robson Street which is quite a long walk away.
- Going North eight stations (approximately 17-20 minutes from Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport) will bring you to Yaletown in downtown Vancouver. (Fun fact – The Canada Line goes under water after Olympic Village to Yaletown.) Yaletown is a unique waterfront community in downtown Vancouver. It is known for many local eateries set amidst heritage buildings; you really should visit Yaletown. The demographic is generally young working professionals and young families – it is known as the upscale neighbourhood in Vancouver, hence you will find plenty of artisan cafes and restaurants. Some notable restaurants within walking distance of the Yaletown Canada Line station is (a) Minami – a sister restaurant to one of the best sushi restaurants in Vancouver, Miku (b) Blue Water Cafe – one of the best seafood restaurants in Vancouver (c) Elisa – one of the best steakhouse in Vancouver (d) Meet in Yaletown – a branch of one of the best vegan restaurants in Vancouver, Meet on Main (e) Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill – regarded as one of the best Italian restaurants in Vancouver (f) Tacofino – The brick and mortar location of one of Vancouver’s best food trucks serving Mexican food (g) Yaletown Brewing Co – A local brewery of beer and distilled liquor in Vancouver, that also has a pub attached to the brewery in Yaletown. Beyond these top grade eateries, there are many other notable restaurants such as Provence Marinaside – which is a waterfront French restaurant, Ki Isu Japanese Restaurant – a good Japanese restaurant with generous portions for set lunch, Little Saigon Yaletown – a spot for pho with no MSG, The Keg Steakhouse – a popular steakhouse brand in Canada, Small Victory Bakery – a upscale hipster cafe and bakery with fresh baked goods, and Salsa & Agave Mexican Grill – a casual Mexican diner about 3 minutes from Yaletown Station; a good spot to grab a BC burrito and go for a walk along the waterfront. During Spring, you should also take a brief 5 minutes walk to David Lam Park to admire the blooming cherry blossoms! For that matter, even apart from Spring, visit the park to appreciate stunning views of City of Vancouver’s Cambie Village and West 4th Neighbourhoods across the False Creek, along with City Hall in the distance. Walk along the waterfront path to George Wainborne Park to catch Very Vancouver views of Granville Island and West Broadway. You can also catch a Aquabus across to Granville Island from the Yaletown dock (approximately 5 minutes walk from Yaletown Station) for $5; Granville Island is a tourist and local hot spot for artisan and local butchers, bakers, seafood, and eateries in a formerly industrial island which still holds its rustic flavours by the waterfront of False Creek. Yaletown Station is also where you will get off if you wish to visit the Parq Vancouver casino and MICE/convention centre; there’s likely nothing you will not find at River Rock Casino which is nearer to Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel. Especially important, however a good 15-20 minutes walk is Costco downtown (opposite Rogers Arena where Vancouver Canucks NHL team plays – you will also be walking by BC Place Stadium where many games and events are held) which serves one of the BEST poutine in Vancouver; it is a must try for American friends and visitors hoping to enjoy this quintessential Canadian dish.
- Going North nine stations will bring you to Vancouver City Centre which as its name implies is Vancouver’s City Centre. More specifically, this station is located at the heart of Downtown Vancouver along Granville and West Georgia. More importantly, it is attached to the largest mall in downtown Vancouver – Pacific Centre. (However, with this said, both Richmond Centre and Oakridge Centre are larger shopping centres if you need to do some shopping.) There is plenty to explore around downtown Vancouver. This is also the station where you will alight if you’re looking to visit Vancouver Art Gallery or walk along Robson Street (a boutique shopping street in Vancouver). This is likely the station you’ll alight if you’re in Richmond, BC or Vancouver on business and visiting a meeting or office, as Vancouver’s CBD is located around West Georgia and Burrard Street, apex with the Bentall Towers. Make sure as well to snap a photo of Science World from West Georgia on a sunny day in Vancouver for keep sake.
- Going North ten stations will bring you to Waterfront Terminus Station. This is the station that you will alight for the cruise ship terminal at Canada Place. This is also the station where you can walk to Vancouver Convention Centre approximately 5 minutes away. If you’re heading downtown for some exploration of Vancouver beyond Richmond, there are plenty of phenomenal views to be had around Waterfront; Waterfront overlooks the Burrard Inlet to North Vancouver. You will be sure to find many picture perfect photo opportunities right around the Waterfront Station. Transportation wise, you can continue your journey across the Burrard Inlet in the Seabus (departing every 15-30 minutes directly across to North Vancouver’s Lonsdale Quay – which is a quaint neighbourhood with a market at Lonsdale Quay Market – where you’ll find many artisan eateries and a unique West Coast Resort-like vibe.) The Waterfront Station is also where you connect to the Expo or Millennium Line SkyTrain which brings you to Burnaby, New Westminister, Surrey, Coquitlam, or Port Moody… pretty much most of Metro Vancouver. If you’re looking for an adventure, we’d also suggest considering taking the West Coast Express which is a commuter train that goes along the waterfront all the way to Port Moody (approximately a 20 minutes ride) and explore Rocky Point Park with some ice cream. (To get back to Richmond however, you’d have to take the Millennium Line SkyTrain back to Waterfront and then the Canada Line SkyTrain to Richmond’s Aberdeen Centre where your hotel is located at Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel. This means while it might take you 40 minutes – 20 minutes to Downtown Vancouver via Canada Line and 20 minutes to Port Moody via WCE – from Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel to get to Rocky Point Park, it will take you approximately 60 minutes – 40 minutes from Port Moody via Millennium Line to Downtown Vancouver and 20 minutes back to Richmond via Canada Line – to get back.) Right along the Waterfront Station is plenty to explore as well including The Vancouver Lookout (an observatory tower which costs $20 to go up) or you can explore the popular tourist neighbourhood of Gastown – known for it’s heritage value and cobbled stone paths with one of the few working steam clocks in the world. In the opposite direction, nearby at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel is Bella Gelateria, one of the BEST ice cream in Vancouver.
- Richmond Hotel for Cruise Ship Goers: The convenience of Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel’s proximity to the Aberdeen Canada Line Skytrain station also makes it an excellent choice for those who are arriving at Vancouver International Airport to embark on a cruise. You can take the complementary Airport Shuttle from Vancouver International Airport to Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel and then continue on your journey to the cruise ship terminal when you check out; you can take the Canada Line right outside the Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel straight to Waterfront Station where the Canada Place Cruise Ship terminal is just a stone throw away – approximately 5 minutes walk. Further, the Canada Line offers consistent schedule with fairly quick & clean trains to downtown Vancouver, bringing you to Waterfront Station from Radisson Vancouver Airport Hotel in just ~20 minutes.
Car with Parking: If you’re looking for car rental in Richmond, BC – here are the best car rental in Richmond, BC.
Driving in Metro Vancouver is usually fairly convenient; we would recommend getting a car if you wish to travel frequently to Metro Vancouver like Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey or Port Coquitlam as the distance is fairly substantial and traffic minimal. (Unlike Asian cities where many things are often compact together and rapid transit is very clean & efficient, in many North American cities, a personal car is still necessary.)
Traffic wise, Richmond has many cars on the road but seldom will you find a traffic jam; you may however experience problems with parking during peak periods. Likewise, in much of Vancouver, a traffic jam is very rare unless there is an accident on a major traffic artery (unlike Los Angeles)… therefore, driving in Metro Vancouver is a fairly stress-free experience. Most drivers are courteous and reasonably responsible drivers.
(British Columbia requires all drivers to pass a knowledge test – you will then be able to train for one year with a red “L” sign on your car, which requires another more experienced driver in the car at all times with you. This is followed by a new drivers’ tag after you pass the road test examination which is denoted by a green “N” sign – it is frequent to see this “N” sign put horizontally, especially on luxury cars for some reason, so it appears like a “Z”. After passing another road test, drivers are given a full Class 4 license which will not require any markings/stickers be placed on their cars. This system drastically reduces irresponsible and inexperience drivers along with accidents. However, many drivers transfer their license from another jurisdiction and may not have been subjected to the same level of training, or tests required. Especially, personally I’ve known people who’ve transferred their license from Malaysia – where they joke you can pay either for a test, or a sure-pass test.)
It should be noted however that Richmond, BC is notoriously known for bad (stereotypical Asian) drivers. Partly as well a reason to this would be many of these licenses may have been transferred from another jurisdiction and hence did not require the same rigorous process in British Columbia for driver licenses.
Hence, in general your driving experience will be pleasant in Richmond and Metro Vancouver with the exception of finding parking especially in downtown Vancouver – however, as with all things, your mileage may vary. There are many bad drivers in Richmond, BC; road rage however is not as common (along with traffic jams being an abnormality… with the exception of inroads to downtown Vancouver, of which there are only three entry points unless you count East Hastings which is like driving through a zombie Apocalypse with drug addicts and needles everywhere alongside dilapidated buildings that should have long been redeveloped).
Other things you should know about Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport:
Conclusion – Why Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is the #3 BEST hotel in Richmond, BC – Best Business Hotel in Richmond
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport Trip Advisor Reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g181716-d182565-Reviews-Radisson_Hotel_Vancouver_Airport-Richmond_British_Columbia.html
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport Address: 8181 Cambie Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3X9
4) Best Families Hotel in Richmond, BC – Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel
The Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel is an excellent choice for travelers to Richmond, BC. It is especially suited towards families travelling to Richmond, BC because of the extensive amenities and variety of dining available at the Richmond hotel. The Richmond hotel features a complete recreational facility including an indoor swimming pool, with a slide which will surely appeal to kids including an indoor tennis court. The vast property provides ample room for children to enjoy along with an enclosed outdoor terrace for Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel guests with an outdoor pool.
Why stay at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel:
Family-Friendly Hotel – The Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel caters to a large crowd of business travelers and airline crew; however, it also suits exceptionally well for families due to the large hotel property that is Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel.
It was actually formerly a Ramada but was bought over by Sandman and renovated to Sandman standards. It’s truly an exceptional property in Richmond, BC consisting of probably 200 low-rise rooms surrounding an outdoor pool & patio area just off from the lobby, along with two towers (one of which exclusively hosts airline crews with an airline lounge), and probably three restaurants (Denny’s – A family orientated all-day breakfast restaurant and American diner. Chop – A bar and steakhouse. Shark Club – a pub with pub food and daily specials) by count, along with a Starbucks (open only in the morning to early afternoon) in the lobby… as well as an independent convenience/souvenir shop stocked with essentials such as milk, instant noodles, snacks, and cookies. Add this to a Steve Nash Fitness Centre, an indoor pool with slide – fairly rare sight with Richmond hotels, and you have a sizeable complex for your children to explore and run their energy off before bed.
Indoor Swimming Pool with Slide – Would normally be listed under hotel amenities but this is worth a separate mention because of how unique it is.
Steve Nash Fitness Centre –
Downsides to Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel:
Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel Location:
Other things you should you know about Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel:
Popular Vancouver Airport Hotel for Flight Attendants:
Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel Address: 10251 St Edwards Dr, Richmond, BC V6X 2M9
5) Best Unique/Boutique Hotel in Richmond, BC – Vancouver Airport Marriott
Click here to Book at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
Why is Vancouver Airport Marriott the BEST boutique hotel in Richmond, BC?
Now, you might be wondering – why would a Marriott We had considered mentioning as the BEST “Unique/Boutique” Hotel in Richmond, BC? Well, of 37 hotels in Richmond, BC – most of the hotels are franchise hotels. The exception being Steveston Hotel (which quite honestly is a dump) as well as “the hotel” at River Rock Casino. We almost listed “the hotel” at River Rock Casino as the best boutique hotel in Richmond – but the Vancouver Airport Marriott (keep writing Marriott Vancouver Airport – because Hilton and Sheraton has Vancouver Airport Hotel at the end than the start… even its name is unique! Joking.) is too good to leave out from our 5 Best Hotels in Richmond, BC. Further, of all the hotels, the Marriott Vancouver Airport… ugh, Vancouver Airport Marriott is liken mostly to what you would expect from a boutique hotel despite being a franchised hotel. You see, they recently underwent a full renovation (thankfully completed – as of writing Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport is undergoing renovations – many hotels in Richmond, BC are undergoing renovations during this period as they age) and the final project is something you’d find in a boutique hotel. Your washroom lights are lowly lit automatically when you wake up in the middle of the night to use the washroom for your convenience (no more wondering in the dark). Every detail is meticulously thought of for your comfort and convenience. Many such unique finishings like this with the Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel is found after their renovations to make your stay, a better one.
Experience Boutique & Incredible service & Personalization at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel/Marriott Vancouver Airport (I can’t be the only one who keeps typing Marriott Vancouver Airport before catching myself! Hence forth, Vancouver Airport Marriott will be referred to as Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel – I really don’t want to keep having to catch myself. It’s name is unique I guess!)
Furthermore, as what you would especially expect in a boutique hotel in Richmond is service and the Marriott Vancouver Airport/Vancouver Airport Marriott hotel excels in service like no other hotel in Richmond, BC. This drips down from a general manager that cares for his guest and responds to each feedback. Upon visiting, you would likely also be introduced to a manager to liaise with should you require any assistance to make your stay a better one. (I know, I sound like a Marriott sales person at this time – but we’re truly excited that this Marriott Hotel has excelled in service to the point of being liken to a boutique hotel in Richmond. I’m not being paid for this. ) Guests also find their names are often remembered upon return visits because unlike many other hotels in Richmond, BC (except the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport Hotel) the staff turnover rate isn’t high. They keep good employees, train them well, and treat them well – so you as a guest, will get the best service you can expect at a boutique hotel in Richmond. Many have noted that this Marriott Richmond Hotel has been the best Marriott hotel they have experienced even as Platinum members (meaning they’ve stayed at SPG/Marriott hotels for over 50 nights per year likely experiencing every variety of Marriott hotels you might find.) So yes, in short, you can expect personalized, friendly, and attentive service at the Richmond Marriott Hotel (I’m going to start naming the hotel now LOL.) like no other hotel in Richmond, BC perhaps with exception to Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel (although the location is less than ideal, the propert itself is the most luxurious in Richmond, BC hence earning our #1 BEST luxury hotel in Richmond than the Marriott Richmond Hotel taking its place). Be ready to be impressed with the impeccable and memorable service you can find at Marriott Vancouver Airport hotel. It is truly that the upper management is good such that the employees and team follows along with such excellence. From the general manager, to managers, to the team – providing guests with a good hospitality experience in Richmond, BC. So if you’re looking for a boutique hotel in Vancouver, we regret to inform you that you won’t have a boutique hotel but the Marriott Vancouver Airport hotel is the closest to a boutique hotel you might find with excellent product with the recent renovations and unique details along with the personalized and memorable service from the Marriott team members at the Richmond hotel! (once again, I don’t work for Marriott – we just like to highlight excellence and highly impressed that clearly a general manager who cares brings the same attention and care to the staff unto the guest experience. The low staff turnover rate would be a testament to the excellent management. Keeping a good and experienced team so guests truly experience the finest service. *based on reviews of individuals being greeted by the same staff a year later)
Vancouver Airport Marriott – IDEAL Location in Richmond, BC:
Contrary to its name, Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel is located right in downtown Richmond, BC – it is also only a mere 10 minutes drive from Vancouver Airport Hotel through Gilbert Road bringing you right to the airport “island”. Overall, the Vancouver Airport Marriott is located at the perfect spot for convenience to Vancouver Airport as an airport hotel but especially for those visiting Richmond, BC and looking for a Richmond hotel near leisure and business districts. The hotel is a short 10 minutes walk to various parks in Richmond, BC as well as the Richmond Olympic Oval with a walking trail along the Fraser River with picturesque views of Vancouver Airport planes landing & taking off (if plane spotting is a hobby of yours) along with great views towards Vancouver and the mountains.
It might be worth noting that the Vancouver airport Marriot is located on the same block as both Hilton Vancouver Airport and Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel; of the three hotels on the same complex, Vancouver Airport Marriott stands out as the best option among the three.
Vancouver Airport Marriott – Best Boutique Hotel in Richmond, BC:
If you’re looking for a boutique hotel in Richmond, your best choice is the Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel, Marriott Richmond Hotel, or what its official name actually is, the Vancouver Airport Marriott. Whatever you call it, the Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC is an excellent 5* (service wise) hotel in Richmond, BC (actually 4* category).
Address: 7571 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3
More good hotels in Richmond, British Columbia:
There are currently 25 legal/legitimate hotels in Richmond, BC – by and large, many of these Richmond hotels will provide a comfortable guest experience for those visiting Richmond, BC.
While we’ve tried to sort the 5 BEST hotels in Richmond, BC with local insight and expertise, there are still many good hotels in Richmond, BC that deserve a mention. This is where we can share with you other great choices to pick in Richmond, BC if you’re looking for a Richmond, BC hotel. Especially during peak periods, many hotels will be sold out or highly priced, having more options you can consider will benefit you as they all are very competitive in terms of being the BEST hotels in Richmond, BC.
We’re mentioning the “good hotels in Richmond” from a top down list with those at the top being the preferred choice to the least for your convenience. Some basic information about the hotel, our summary and rational for each Richmond BC hotel mentioned will be included for your reading pleasure!
Do note that when we mention Approximate Average Price, we’re looking comparisons around the off-peak period of mid December …we’re not referring to the insanely peak period where Vancouver hotel prices can go up to $500 a night for Marriott Vancouver Airport Hotel and $250 a night for Quality Hotel Vancouver Airport South (a typically budget hotel). It’s a well known fact that Metro Vancouver does have a hotel room shortage during peak period while the off peak period occupancy rates are around 50% (though hotels like Accent Inn Vancouver Airport are usually booked year round – great value, great reputation, and clean rooms). There are occasions during the peak period in summer where all the hotels in Metro Vancouver are fully sold out (yes even the crappy roach motels!) so that can likely explain the insane and incredibly high prices you may find during your travels in summer. We’re referring to what the regular nightly rate would be during the standard non-peak period. For these specific comparison, we’re looking at December 9 to 10, 2019.
Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel:
The Hilton Vancouver Airport hotel is located in the same complex as the Vancouver Airport Marriott hotel meaning it enjoys the same great location in the heart of downtown Richmond as the Marriott Vancouver Airport hotel. (They both share the airport shuttle as well along with the Sheraton Vancouver Airport hotel.) It’s a good location for a hotel in Richmond, BC and within a 5 minutes walking distance to Richmond Centre for shopping, 7 minutes to Richmond City Hall, and 10 minutes distance around an uncountable variety of delicious Asian restaurants especially on Alexandra Street or if you are craving Hot Pot in Richmond, try the Happy Lamb at Lansdown Centre, if you’re looking for cheap Taiwanese food in Richmond then try T&T at Lansdowne Centre, if you’re craving some HK BBQ in Richmond then go for HK BBQ Masters. The Richmond hotel itself is a good hotel and would have made it into our top 5 hotels in Richmond, BC; it is currently #5 for our Best Vancouver Airport hotels recommendations. (Among the three Richmond hotels on this block, the Marriott Vancouver Airport is best. They’re all good hotels, located in a good neighbourhood in Richmond with an efficient, consistent, and clock-ward airport shuttle, but Marriott Vancouver Airport hotel truly stands out. ) However, the recent renovations at Marriott and the better service standards does truly make Marriott deserving of its spot as the BEST boutique hotel in Richmond, BC. The Hilton Vancouver Airport has also aged quite a bit since – while its an excellent Vancouver airport hotel for those needing a rest over with efficient business orientated service then the Hilton Vancouver Airport is an excellent choice but if you’re looking for an experiential stay in Richmond, the Marriott Vancouver Airport is still the better option as currently. Hilton however has a better loyalty program; the prices are usually 25-30% more than Vancouver Airport Marriott hotel in Richmond. Note that unlike the Marriott Vancouver Airport hotel, the Hilton does not have an executive lounge.
Pros – (1) Location (2) Service (3) Rooms
Cons – (1) Price/Value (2) Older Hotel w/o as much renovation
Approximate Average Price: $259 CAD/night
Address: 5911 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC V6X 4C7
Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport:
Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport is located across from Accent Inns Vancouver Airport which if you’ve read our description regarding the locality, isn’t exactly the best location for a hotel in Richmond. You’re surrounded largely by industrial and office space with little accessibility to downtown Richmond or downtown Vancouver via the Canada Line SkyTrain Station. There also isn’t much to see, eat or do around the vicinity; the hotel does have an adjoining pub/restaurant as well as the brunch spot at Accent Inns Vancouver Airport. With all this said, Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport is what you might expect with a standard 3* hotel – clean rooms, reasonably good service, and great value. Rooms during the off peak period range around $125 a night which is very reasonable for a hotel in Richmond. The Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport is a safe bet if you’re looking for a hotel in Richmond however as far as its location is concern, there are better options for Richmond hotels to consider. There is not much to fault besides the hotel’s location besides the fact that there are better options for hotels in Richmond, BC. If you can get a good rate for Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport or if you have brand loyalty to Holiday Inn looking to accrue nights then it’s a worthwhile choice.
Pros: (1) Clean rooms (2) Reasonable service (3) Good value (4) Secured parking lot
Cons: (1) Location
Approximate Average Price: $125 CAD/night
Address: 10720 Cambie Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 1K8
The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport:
The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport is an excellent Vancouver airport hotel. It has all the fixings of a top-rated 4* hotel in Richmond, BC. The hotel is actually a condo-tel with the hotel facilities being shared with condo units; it includes a complete fitness facility and swimming pool. The rooms are also newer, clean and furnished modernly with Westin Signature “heavenly beds”. The location is within a developing area exiting Vancouver International Airport; it is distance to Aberdeen Mall (a big Asian mall with diverse options in their food court and many restaurants to choose from including a Korean grocery store), Aberdeen Centre (a newer mall with more dining and shopping choices), Yaohan Supermarket, as well as Aberdeen Canada Line Station. It is also minutes from the Fraser River waterfront walk overlooking to YVR. Service at The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport is what you’d expect of a Westin branded hotel – friendly & efficient. The price is very competitive relative to options like Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel however the immediate vicinity or hotel amenities could be improved upon. (Some people may prefer not to stay at a condo-tel than a fully purposed hotel.)
Pros: (1) Good location (2) Good service (3) Good value (4) Good Rooms
Cons: (1) Immediate location could be improved. (2) Nothing phenomenal – your average 4* Richmond hotel. (3) Condo-tel – facilities shared with condo.
Approximate Average Price: $167 CAD/night
Address: 3099 Corvette Way, Richmond, BC V6X 4K3
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport:
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport is an excellent hotel in Richmond, BC as far as (1) value (2) good rooms (3) clean Richmond hotel (4) and excellent free breakfast is considered. The only drawback it has in part is the location. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is located far south of Richmond, BC at the south tip to the Fraser River – from Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport to Richmond Centre is an approximate 15 minutes drive. There is a Cineplex movie theatre within walking distance of the Riverport hotel along with a variety of eateries at a strip mall within walking distance to Riverport. If you don’t mind being a distance away from Richmond Centre, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport is a good hotel in Richmond for excellent value with a free breakfast. The hotel among other eateries finds itself within walking distance to Spaghetti Factory Richmond – which is a nice place to dine at. This Richmond hotel is also walking distance to the Fraser River for some enjoyable outdoor and nature appreciation. It is also located besides the Richmond Ice Centre so many families & hockey teams often choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport; on the flip side, for this reason it can also get a little rowdy at times if a team is staying at the hotel while you’re there. The price is good for a hotel in Richmond with free breakfast but the location is less than idea if you don’t mind on driving and hoping to be in Richmond proper; the area of the Riverport hotel is still rather rural comparatively to Richmond Centre.
Pros – (1) Good Value (2) Good Rooms (3) Clean (4) Good free breakfast (5) Ok Location – with eateries, entertainment, and Fraser River nature walk.
Cons – (1) Location – far from Richmond proper (2) Possibly rowdy hockey teams (3) Rural area comparatively
Approximate Average Price: $126 CAD/night
Address: 10688 No 6 Rd, Richmond, BC V6W 1E7
Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport:
The Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport is another Sandman property in Richmond, BC. The hotel is a smaller 3* hotel that caters largely to those looking for a Vancouver Airport hotel as there are few amenities compared to the Sandman Signature and the location while near Tim Hortons leaves some to be desired. The value is good and it is a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC. Service at this Sandman hotel in Richmond is slightly on the lower end of typical Sandman hotel standards while the hotel is older, it has undergone recent renovations to the lobby and rooms. Attached is a Moxies restaurant.
Pros – (1) Value (2) Renovated rooms (3) Standard 3* Hotel (4) Tim Hortons in walking distance (5) Good & convenient Vancouver airport hotel
Cons – (1) Service consistency could be improved (2) Location could be better.
Approximate Average Price – $113 CAD/night
Address: 3233 St Edwards Dr, Richmond, BC V6X 3K4
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel:
A good hotel in downtown Richmond (4* categorically but more like a 3* hotel) however it is over-priced for the value you’re getting. The hotel consists of several low rise buildings that have been recently renovated; the club lounge is nicely done up if you’re a Platinum member, or if you book a club room. The service is good with hit or miss as you would expect at averagely run hotel. The price however of around $250/night on average would provide you better options in Richmond hotels. It’s a good hotel by all means but it’s not fantastic. Namely, the rooms are older but recently renovated minimally. Service is acceptable but not spectacular.
Pros: (1) good location (2) average service (3) renovated rooms
Cons: (1) not good value (2) average service
Approximate Average Price: $250 CAD/night
Address: 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3
La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport:
La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport is an excellent cheap hotel in Richmond, BC.
Pros: (1) Location (2) Cheap Hotel in Richmond (3) Complementary breakfast
Cons: (1) Location Accessibility
Approximate Average Price: $149 CAD/night
Address: 8640 Alexandra Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 1C4
Quality Hotel Airport South:
As far as cheap hotels in Richmond, BC goes, the Quality Hotel Airport South tops the list after Accent Inn Vancouver Airport hotel. Firstly the location is excellent; the Quality Hotel Airport South is walking distance to Richmond Centre, the Canada Line Station bringing you to downtown Vancouver in 20 minutes for more exploration, and a host of dining options within 5 minutes walking distance – inclusive with a park behind for a leisure stroll, or 15 minutes from the Fraser River where Richmond Olympic Oval is located with a walking path overlooking YVR for some plane spotting for a relaxing walk. The service is standard. The price is cheap. The rooms are clean. The complementary breakfast includes hot and cold options that are well stocked. It’s a good option for a cheap hotel in Richmond, BC with good value and an excellent location.
Pros: (1) Location (2) Value (3) Standard Service (4) Complementary Breakfast (5) Clean
Cons: (1) Budget hotel (2) Standard Service
Approximate Average Price: $100/night
Address: 7228 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A1
Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport Hotel:
Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport Hotel is a cheap hotel in Richmond with an excellent location right across from Executive Hotel Vancouver Airport and adjacent to Quality Hotel Vancouver Airport South – this means it is 10 minutes walking distance from Richmond Centre (main mall in Richmond) and plenty of eateries nearby. The hotel however could use a lot of TLC; the rooms are old, dreary and have not gone renovations or updates as most hotels in Richmond, BC have undergone. Guests have noted cleanliness to be a concern especially with carpeted rooms. Service is good and acceptable making the best of what they have property wise. A basic continental breakfast is included. It’s not the first choice, nor the 15th choice but it’s an average budget hotel with reasonable value in a great location. Compared to other cheap hotels or budget hotels in Richmond, BC – Ramada Limited comes in higher than other cheap hotels in Richmond, BC.
Pros: (1) Location (2) Good service (3) Free Breakfast (4) Good value
Cons: (1) Old rooms (2) Substandard cleanliness (3) Budget hotel
Approximate Average Price: $101/night
Address: 7188 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A1
River Rock Casino Resort:
Days Inn By Wyndham Vancouver Airport:
We would not advise booking at Days Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport if you’re looking for a hotel in Richmond; it might be a viable option if you’re looking for a cheap Vancouver airport hotel to rest your head for the night between flights (without consideration to the location, convenience, service, amenities, room quality, neighbourhood, and neighbouring guests) but if you’re looking to visit Richmond, BC itself – there are plenty of better options to consider in a better location. Days Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport is located in an industrial area of Richmond but within walking distance to River Rock Casino Resort and the Bridgeport Canada Line Station (through an industrial area) – it is walking distance to the infamous Richmond Night Market (in an industrial area). The hotel is on the older side and cleanliness could be improved. Importantly, the service leaves a lot to be desired. It is a cheap budget hotel in Richmond, BC.
Pros: (1) Cheap (2) Complementary Basic Breakfast
Cons: (1) Old Hotel (2) Not well maintained (3) Bad service (4) Bad Location (5) Cleanliness
Address: 2840 Sexsmith Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 2H3
That concludes our article on Richmond, BC hotels. As always, if you have any questions about Richmond, British Columbia, Vancouver, or Metro Vancouver…we would love to get in touch with you and help you with your questions! (maybe write an article on it.) You can get in touch with us through the Contact Us form or simply leave a comment bellow this Richmond hotels article.
Complete Guide to Richmond, BC Hotels:
Now, while we wouldn’t recommend staying at these remaining hotels in Richmond – in compiling the BEST hotels in Richmond, BC – we wanted to ensure that no stone was left un-turned.
As such, we carefully considered and learn about EVERY hotel in Richmond, BC for a fair and conclusive comparison.
For your benefit, here are the remaining hotels that were not featured in the “5 BEST hotels in Richmond” or the “More Good Hotels in Richmond” segments – which you may still be keen on learning about your available options for accommodation in Richmond, BC.
We’ve categorized all the remaining hotels in Richmond, BC while also providing a quick reference to what you need to know about each hotel – consistently we look at (1) Price & Value – That’s what I personally care about when travelling (2) Demographic/Hotel Range (3) Amenities (4) Location (5) Pros & Cons + Facts. We hope this will provide a useful resource for you concerning Richmond hotels. The goal is to provide all the important and relevant/critical information on one page so you can make an informed and simple decision yourself for which hotels in Richmond, BC will best suit your needs/wants – whatever you’re looking for! (Even if it’s a cheap roach motel, or a 5 star resort.)
What you need to know about Richmond, British Columbia:
Richmond, BC local area attractions:
Richmond, BC – Good/Unique Dining Options:
Things to do in Richmond, BC:
Explore the Fraser River.